TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Comments appreciated - westkoast.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106840 Report
Hey, I'm brand spanking new on this site. Thought I'd post up a personal site that I've been working on......

The site really has no purpose. Just playing around with flash, photoshop, illustrator, etc.

Some of the stuff (the intro..cough, cough), is kinda border line biting other people's work. I was just curious if i could do it with flash.

There is no store, I have no sweatshirts for sale, basically you can go there and do nothing. You will not read or gain any knowlege on this site....you may even walk away feeling a little dumber :p

Lemme know what ya'll think:
http://www.westkoast.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106877 Report
Can't put my finger on it, but yeah does remind me of some other flash sites. 2advanced comes to mind. How did you make all the effects they can make?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106883 Report
any effects in particular? The little movies I did with my digiatal camera (except the on of the supra drifting around the corner)...and I just put a little frame around them.

Most of the vector art is done with adobe streamline.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 5th 2003#106889 Report
Ummm, all the effects. I suck at Flash...lol :p *Cough* Damn good job!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106913 Report
I dont think it looks like 2advanced at all... I think it looks great, nice color scheme, nice layout, and easy to navigate. Nice work and welcome to the boards :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106927 Report
I dont think it looks like 2advanced at all... I think it looks great, nice color scheme, nice layout, and easy to navigate. Nice work and welcome to the boards

http://sidez.net/

Is this your site? I've never seen that cupholder trick before....very nice!

I was like WTF is going on with my computer....heehee....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106929 Report
Nope... sidez.net isnt my site. The site belongs to "sidez" of these forums, he a mod here. Im just hosted by him
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106937 Report
Dude, what are you guys talking about. It doesnt remind me of 2advanced at all!

But anyway, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet job, man! Althoguh usually I would comment you on having a flash site without sound (you cant find those these days!) I think that a little bit here and there, tastefully used, would really compliment the site. Just keep it minimalistic.

Nice work, keep it up!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106950 Report
I guess it was the flickering boxes that reminded me of 2advanced, not the layout. *wishing I could do flash* :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#106953 Report
It's tough not to copy 2advanced in some form or anohter. They have pioneered so many designs....and I like most of them....espeically their transitions....and "flashing boxes" heehee :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum