TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

well guys tell me what u think honestly

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 2nd 2003#106324 Report
Well here is my first site a work in progress as you can see.
Remmember is my first try so take it easy with me.

www.kaliche.com

now i would like if someone can tell me how i can get a graphic like the one on teamphotoshops home page you know the one on the left...i want something like that on the right of my site..

is this layer work?
i really want to give a little life/color to the site, maybe some animation?

what do you guys suggest think?

all your criticism is welcome and apriciated.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2003#106326 Report
lol first off u have "<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%> " at the top o the page

and the buttons are differnt sizes may wana make them the same ,
im not to fond of it , its a bit mixed up if u get wat i meen, and its not clean ( in my opinion )
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2003#106328 Report
Were do you see " " ??? do you mean there is no tittle?

i will make the buttons the same size i thought they were butt i will take a look again any ideas on the graphic idea?

Should I use layers or something else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106344 Report
uh, it's incredibly plain. All it is is text and a couple of flash buttons floating in midair.

You're going to have to put it into some kind of design; you can't just have a couple of buttons and a box for text. We have Microsoft Word for that.

I know that "Less is more" when it comes to webdesign but that is minimalistic to the point where it's not very different from a regular text file.

nice job on the flash buttons; I can't see the size difference that those guys are talking about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106348 Report
I am looking for that one thing to make it stand out, any ideas
i was trying to make a graphic go from the left across the top to the right...any ideas how to get started on theat what would be the best way to acomplish this..
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106351 Report
Thanxs and i know i must do more desing work for the background. i would really like to have a graphic go from the left frame across the topframe and ending in the right frame, any idea how to acomplish this???? any help is greatly apreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106360 Report
My recommendations...
- Get rid of the frames. I know that's what HTML books bang in your head, but unless they're used right they really are pointless. JMO.
- What is Kalische? My guess is a band, rapper? Unless I'm missing something, it really is hard to tell what the site is for.
- You've got a decent graphic on your entrance page. Find a way to integrat that through-out your site.
- I'm gonna assume that Kalische is a band/group... check out other band/group sites and get ideas from there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106450 Report
kaliche is a promotional company. Kaliche has 3 clubs to promoto and book events for. thanks for you input i will try to incoparata all your feedback in the redesign thats comming i had no time to do the site the way i wanted it to but little by little learning and learning ill get were i want to be thanxs for the input. And check it out now i redid some of It...

www.kaliche.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106453 Report
A few things for ya...

1) From a marketing and branding standpoint... choose a logo and stick with it. I think I've seen 4 different versions of "Kaliche" in the past 30 hours.

2) I know it's hard to not get caught up in individual graphics when you're first getting into web design, but it's important to remember that it's the layout of everything (content, graphics, etc.) that makes a quality website.

3) More content, less clicks - Spash pages are nice, but generally unpracticle because they annoy the average browser. Users don't like to click through a bunch of stuff (~60% of all users still use dialup).

If you truly want to market your company, I would at the very least have the following things on your very first page:
1) Your logo... very prominantly.. one that isn't going to change for a while.
2) Your next big event (or 2 or 3)
3) An explanation of your company.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2003#106461 Report
Originally posted by dreamdesign
Were do you see " " ??? do you mean there is no tittle?

i will make the buttons the same size i thought they were butt i will take a look again any ideas on the graphic idea?

Should I use layers or something else?

no mate the "" were saying what text was in the rong place, the left out Html code,
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum