TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

1st attempt at a banner interface

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 16th 2001#8720 Report
Hey! I just made an interface in photoshop. Please tell me what you think. Thanks. http://members.tripod.com/briney15/interfacetest.htm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2001#8730 Report
No one has any comments at all?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2001#8731 Report
I think it's a little thick. The user would have to scroll vertically quite a bit just to see any content. "Less is more" they occassionally say. Also with the navigation buttons being broken up, (one on top, one on bottom) it makes it a little confusing because your eye has to jump from the top to the bottom one and it kind of gets lost in the middle somewhere. Also it's very blue. While blue is a great color, it works really well with others. Even if it is only small splashes of it like the color of a boarder and the link color or something. www.phong.com is a good example of that, the major color is blue, but it's not too much blue. There are enough touches of other color that it doesn't overwhelm you with blue, and doesn't bore your eyes. You seem to have a good understanding of quite a few Photoshop techniques though. Not bad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2001#8746 Report
Here is a revised version. I did the things that you suggested. I think it came out pretty well. What do you think?

http://members.tripod.com/briney15/interfacetest2.htm
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2001#8766 Report
I think that looks a whole lot better. Those green/yellow colors are kind of dark. You could try making them a little brighter. But that's up to you. I mean maybe you're going for the dark look rather than the bright shiny blue and yellow look. That's a lot better though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2001#8774 Report
I definetely like the second one better!!! I like the different colors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 17th 2001#8794 Report
Thanks for your help. I'm just starting to get into making things with photoshop and i need someone to give me an opinion of what i should do. Ill try making the colors lighter and see what comes out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 19th 2001#8974 Report
the second one is MUCH better, GREAT work!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum