TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My Thorium Website

Page: 1 Reply
May 30th 2003#105744 Report
Hey,

Finally my first thread after not recievin my activation email lol.
Cheers Bob ;)

I've recently made a flash website for my mates band "thorium"
tell me what you think

www.thorium-uk.tk
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105745 Report
won't load for me, man. :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105747 Report
ARGH,

well u shud c a normal webpage which just says "u need flash to view this website" etc..

then when you click enter, you should get a loading screen that has a flickery thorium thing.

Try again pwwez, it works for me n my mates :(
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105748 Report
ok, works now.

Well, I guess you want some C+C, so here goes:

What kindof music do you play?
The style of the design is very ....uhm...well, scifi-ish and that, can't see any other kind of music genre to go well with that style than maybe some techno or trance stuff. Try to show people the music with your website.

It's very bevel-ish, makes it kindof heavy and stressfull to look at IMO.

There's too much going on I think. The skills on the animation part look decent, but the quality (some jaggies here and there) on the elements are pretty poor partly. Also, don't animate stuff just for the sake to animate it. Everything should (at least vaguely) have a purpose. A small amount of needless eyecandy can be ok, but too much is always too much.

And it's pretty small and cranked somehow.
This, as well as most flashsites, has the problem that when you click a link, the site goes bonkers and starts to animate some robot coming into the screen and turning itself on, then beeping for a while and after an hour or so, you just might get to read the small amount of content you were looking for. :p

Elements like the music-"console" you have going on there is a bit BIG and clumsy, you can squeeze the amount of needed buttons and text in a very much smaller thingie.

Aswell, when I click the "home" button, the music starts again, try and make it to "remember" if the music's been off or on when it reloads the home-clip?

Sorry for sounding brutal, but I thought honest feedback'll do more good than a "cool, nice job" - reply.

To wrap it up, I think it's a bit amateurish graphic and design-wise, but I see that you know what you're doing when it comes to flash, and I'm sure you'll get a hang of the designpart in no time too. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105750 Report
lol u make me cry now :'(

i agree with the graphical side of it, cuz when i was designing it, i did it in toooooooonnnnnns of layers on photoshop first, it look fine, but i didn't realise if you save it as a gif and then import it, you get a nice crisp (PICTURE ONLY) graphic.
What i was doing was just cut n pasting (im so ashamed) so it left white bits where transparency should have been.

Apart from that as my defence :P....

It's THE first flash site i've done, the music was a recent addition, and i agree, its feckin huge lol and i only posted on here cuz it was finally finished!

Apart from that ^ thanks for the 'kick-in-the-groin' truth, it's what i need ;)

i'l consider that remember-music thingy aswel... lol infact i dont have to, i just realised how to do it :P

read here if u into flash>>>
the home button takes the "main" movie back into past frames so it looks like it's been re-loaded but it hasn't, after the point where it returns, the command to
loadMovie(music.swf);
comes in, that means it does exactly the same thing everytime, if i put the music start up before(or the link back after) then it'd remember ;) thanks :D

Cheers for advice too.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105753 Report
first thing, I clicked the thing that said flash...thinking that would take me to the flash version, second once I got in I nearly had a seisure(sp?) with all the flashes.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 30th 2003#105754 Report
lol well if you'd read the start it says "you need flash to view this website, download it here..."

second there's a button that says "enter" and THIRD....erm, oh yeah, lol sorry bout that :rolleyes: just an effect lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum