TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

what do you think?

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 23rd 2003#104763 Report
had nothing to do today, so i gave my site a much needed overhaul.
i have not finished the flash & drawings page yet.

what do you think?

http://mike.cosentino.com

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104772 Report
simple...yet has a nice straight forward style. There really isnt much to complain about...works in opera...loads fast..looks good so i like it! lol

edit: Maybe a suggestion....you could easily turn that I-frame into a flash file. It would get rid of that big ugly scroll bar in the middle of your layout and you could dynamically update from a text file(if you wanted) Just a suggestion.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104809 Report
I really like it i think the layout is refreshing,,,
the only think i can see better is if when you clicked on a link the pages would actualy move around. I know it must be hard but it would be a classic.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104811 Report
I like it. It's comforting, like the intro to Dawson's Creek. Old school style.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104819 Report
Originally posted by dreamdesign
the only think i can see better is if when you clicked on a link the pages would actualy move around. I know it must be hard but it would be a classic.

thanks for the compliment. i started this this morning and got the whole thing to a working state in photoshop. but i am busy in photoshop doing just what you said. it will actually change the pages to which you choose. and like you said, it not the easist thing ;)

but i will not be happy until that is done.

Originally posted by Rodder454Maybe a suggestion....you could easily turn that I-frame into a flash file. It would get rid of that big ugly scroll bar in the middle of your layout and you could dynamically update from a text file(if you wanted) Just a suggestion.

nice idea. two questions. would the flash file be able to take html tags? and do you know where i can find a tutorial or something to find out how to do this.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104825 Report
i really like it, the only suggestion i have is move the nav to the top, just cause i didnt see it at first buts that not really important
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2003#104835 Report
I believe the flash file will only take html tags for formatting text. You formatted with css...and with flash you really dont need either of them. Once you make a text box in flash...then you just gotta pick whatever type/size you want...so formatings already taken care of (unless you want a specific layout...but this is just straight text so its no problem). Then all you do is type your news in a plain text file(notepad)...and flash will load the text from the file..so no editing flash or anything like that when you need to update.

Here are some tuts if your interested:

Scroll Tut on Flash kit

Some More info about scrollers

Another Flash kit scroller Tut

If you need something else....just search for "flash text scroller".
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2003#104840 Report
thank you
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2003#104845 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
May 24th 2003#104878 Report
Originally posted by dreamdesign
I really like it i think the layout is refreshing,,,

finished :D
took long enough, since i wanted it to reuse as many images as possible to keep the size down, but i finally did it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum