TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Which is better?

Page: 1 Reply
May 15th 2003#103607 Report
I made the current site several months ago, and am thinking of making some changes.

Current
www.acllc.com/index.html

New
www.acllc.com/acllc_test/index.html

Im not really that happy with either, and was wondering if you guys could offer some suggestions on what you think would make them look better.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103619 Report
Current, too mich white on the new version.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103632 Report
yeah I agree with Malevolent_Jester. I think the new one has potential though.

For the new one.....if you used that gray color (gray bar over the navigation) behind the content (instead of white) it would most likely look better.

The problem with the new one is the site is a full page (from left to right) and your content (the pics) is a small box in the middle. Its like 2 different layouts merged. If you got rid of the box...left aligned the picture (left margin should be 0 ) and put those 2 picture links on the right of the pic it might be better. I say this because the guys hand in the picture is pointing right...so having him point at your 2 links (which im guessing are very important) would be better....it creates a kinda visual flow. Then you could put that description underneath or something. Hopefully that makes sense lol.

The first (original) site....i dont really like the blue background. Its a little too blue..almost distracting from the site.

Its not really the layouts thats the problem. Its that the front page doesnt have much content. Less content is always harder to design for. maybe you could move a couple pics to the front...or add a couple paragraphs...just something to fill space.

I hope some of that was helpful lol. Not bad though. Both are decent. Just some tweaking is needed.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103645 Report
I think the second one.
The first bg is the color from the header text but I think some how you have to look for where you got the color to the bg and it shouldn't have to be like that..it just shuold fit in...
If you know what I mean...
If you would go with the first one I would change the bg color to the blue color behind the navigation.

I really do like both of the layouts...You have done a good job with them both!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103647 Report
the new one is better , dunno why , just has a ring to it
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103651 Report
i prefer the current one. the new one is too wide and too white.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103663 Report
second one! a lot better

you should make border and margin to 0.

i don't like that blue background on that first one.
and the font on that second one menu is better. (maybe same more spacing between letters)

the image where that man is, it looks a lot better on that second one. (because of the white background color)

second one looks more professional in my opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103716 Report
I like the new one more. The current one gets ruined by that bg imo. The nav is also not as tall and I like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103763 Report
Thanks for all the feedback!

I think Ill develop the second one, and hopefully get what Im looking for.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum