TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My website for review

Page: 1 Reply
May 14th 2003#103434 Report
Hi! I'm recently new to the webdesign department(well, I'm recently new to life to,'cause I'm only 17) and I'd like you to know what do you think of it. Any critics are apreciated.
Here it is www.totalrk.cjb.net
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103436 Report
The "headingpic" needs to be smaller and i think you should make it alot smaller and chane the font.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103437 Report
font to me is fine but yeh might wana make it smaller, but all in all gd job, ive got 2 webbies up working on my 3rd
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103440 Report
"The "headingpic" needs to be smaller"

Actually if its possible (without going insane) the whole website should be smaller...about half the size it is now. But not too bad for someone thats new. Good color scheme ..purple and gray. I also kinda like how you have the faces behind the links (on the left)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103442 Report
Haven't replied seriously to a web site lately; however, I feel in the mood to do so now.

Don't care if you're new at this, I should unleash whatever is on my mind. That way you know what NOT to do, instead of other people saying "yo that's good stuff, nice work" and not being honest.

Let's start it off... first thing you see when the site loads up is this obscenely large header pic, not a great first impression there. If it was an amazing image that ties in with the design I guess people wouldn't mind (by tying into design I do not mean has the same theme as the site but art-wise), but it's not. The blending of the images needs work, if you had made the canvas size a lot smaller, you wouldn't have had to space it out like that. Try to make a seamless transition from one pic to another (search the forums on how to do this). The tutorialistic lightning seems to play a nice role in being the most random thing next to a 3DSMax fragmented polygon rendering. Black text with a steadily darkening purple makes the text harder, even without the blur behind it.

The horizontal navigation seems to be hastily done; the font (Brooklyn Kid) doesn't match with the actual theme (anime, more specifically RK). Ditch the graffiti font, purple glow, and chrome texture; try to keep some sort of central motif in mind.

The vertical nav. would probably the only thing I wouldn't criticize (that much) other than try to make them rollovers. Like for example, when you move yoru mouse over the nav item, the background of it becomes a bit lighter. As it is right now, it screams to the viewer "MAKE ME ROLLOVER B-TCH!"

Ooof... news/updates. Using text within images as a method of posting news is a big no no, especially when it's a standard font. The gray font + the Kenshin-Kaoru fade in the background makes it harder to read. Refrain from using a central image when doing news posts, always try to keep it a solid color or a subtle pattern.

Almost to the final subject, lose the disclaimer on the bottom. You can leave the Copyright TotalRK bit, but the preceding sentence serves no purpose. And decide whether to make everything left aligned or center aligned!

To finish it off, purple + gray IS a pretty decent color combination, but there is a certain extent to which it does work together. Look for tutorials or articles on the correct usage of colors.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103448 Report
Thank you all for your critics, I really apreciated,specially !m0chan! ones. I'm making a new layout for the website, and hopefully it will be better.Once I get it finished and upload it, I will get you noticed.

Thanks,again.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2003#103531 Report
Menus are a bit hard to read,
and that top image is a bit too big.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum