TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Xperimental Layout

Page: 1 Reply
May 13th 2003#103324 Report
I found this in my giant archive of design stuff (~800 files...lol). I did it sometime about a year ago. At the time it was purely experimetal so i never went ahead with it. (thats why there are no pics/buttons/ and its greeked all over the place). But its a different layout...almost kinda daring due to the large graphic right in the center of it all.

I actually still kinda like it..although its got a couple issues (some color correction...compression issues etc.) Although im kinda proud of the fact that i managed to compress it down to about 30k.

Anyway, any opinions would great. I may/may not resurrect this site. I dont really have a use for it....and its not really portfolio material...(maybe in the experimental section of my portfolio..)

Layout
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103339 Report
I like it too. o_o

I would increase the quality of it, or at least the middle thing. I would also get rid of the fugly gray color on the outside... it just looks wrong.

Other than that it's pretty cool... maybe you could make the middle image be random each time... or make it move all the time... man that would rock. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103342 Report
Thnx for the input

yeah I could animate that. It wouldnt be hard to pull off in flash...just a little masking. I might give that a shot. I never thought about animating it. Also if i did it in flash...the compression would be a lot better!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103343 Report
I think the shapes are great! i will agree with Malevolent that the gray is a bit much. Think nice colors! lol.... The middle image I am a little skeptical on. That style is so used that if it isnt mind blowing it looks very newbie. Work on that a bit, add some color, get rid of that fugly gray and keep the shapes. =)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103344 Report
Looks very "blah" to me. The greys are dull and boring. As is the center image. I'd use more whites and accent with greys, rather than just having a big blob of grey. Also I'd alias your text, it looks too blurry when you have it anti-aliasing text that small.

if you ditched the greys, made the center image brighter and more vibrant, and used more colors in the other buttons and featured sections on the site, it would work a lot better I think.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103346 Report
haha yeah i know the middle image is kinda lame. It was made about a year ago... the style was somewhat less annoying then lol. I could turn that img. into anything..it doesnt have to be zoom blur. I dont really even like the image all that much...I like the shape of it the most....kinda got like an elastic band feel.

Good suggestions...u've both inspired me!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103347 Report
Yeah your right. the text is off. its either compression (although i think i saved the text as a gif) or i had the text set to "strong" in PS.

Redesign in the works lol. Actually this will be kinda fun. I know so much more about design now...then when i made this so i can tear its to pieces and fix it!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2003#103537 Report
Good colors.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2003#104036 Report
I re-built most of the site in flash. I got rid of the grays and put in a lot of color (lol..you'll see why this is funny). I've added 3 backgrounds (better quality) and animated 2 elements so far (the preloader...and rollovers).

For starters.....when i was re-designing the site I came up with a great color scheme. The background was an off white (almost a very very dim purple and the main image was a very rich/deep orange. I thought it looked great...but a few ppl I asked wanted another look. So instead of trying to figure out what I wanted...I decided to keep the site "experimental" and see how far I could push the "Bells & Whistles" (for lack of better phrase).

I havent animated the center image...although i would like too. It actually will be harder than i thought to pull off if i want to keep the filesize low (the images are 800x400....a bit large to animate)

edit: Actually i just had an idea. I could play with premiere and make a video background. Then i could just have an option to externally load it. I would have to really work some compression tricks cause the video dimesions would be large. Too bad i dont have a demo reel right now lol.

I havent added content/sections....but i.. will soon/am working on it.

Here's what i got so far (the basic layout and the "bells & whistles")

Updated ~160k
Reply with Quote Reply
May 23rd 2003#104639 Report
I think it looks alright, I dont really like your choice of fonts... i would go with something more origional and something that would better fit the style of the site. Another thing that I dont really like about it is the jagged edges all over the places, but I tink if you picked a better fonts and fixed the edges I think it would be pretty good... :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum