TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

riot

Page: 1 Reply
May 13th 2003#103248 Report
another idea i had at college:

http://www33.brinkster.com/motionsickness/

bit worried about the load times, college is t1 and my home is 600k and it loads fine dunno about 56ke tc: tho

any comments/ideas etc be nice.

-motion
Reply with Quote Reply
May 13th 2003#103268 Report
Just a couple of things. When you develop a website that has the soul intention of being displayed on a screen, serif fonts (in my opinion) are a no-no. Change the font to something like verdana or some other sans-serif font.

The layout is good, but the mouseovers take away from the professionalism the site could reflect. The navigation is easy to find and it's good that you took the effort to give the user feedback that they have moved their mouse over something that can be clicked, but the header graphic is kinda large. The most important thing is always content. Give your content room to breath.

Also, looking at your stylesheet, I would say put a little more effort into it. If you are only using css to change the color of the scrollbar and make the background of the page black, you are wasting time and effort. Set your font attributes in there as well.

Instead of using iframes, try using css-p. If you have dreamweaver (you do, I would recognize the javascript if I was blind), play with layers. You can do some fairly interesting things with them.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 13th 2003#103286 Report
Yeah Axiom brought up some really good points, i would fallow is lead on the text, but I kindof like the rollovers.. makes it more lively

Its a pretty good start, but with a few changes here and there i think it would look a lot better
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103411 Report
thanks for the advice guys,

dont know what you mean about replacing the iframe with css-p any info would be apreciated.

what would u recomend as a suitable rollover?

thanks again:

-mot
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2003#103532 Report
A bit boring site, but ok.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum