TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

MY NEW WEBSITE (design portfolio)

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 11th 2003#102963 Report
MOVED!!!

Tell me what you think!!! Please be honest.

http://sky.prohosting.com/pnair/index.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2003#102976 Report
hello wacky
its not bad...

your start up screen does not pop up center on my screen
(more to the far right and i end up having to drag it to the center to see everthing)

the navigation confused the heck out of me.....
think most people rely on a visible/functional menu navigational system....
spent a lot off time second guessing and clicking around to find out how to get
to the next page....

it also, reminds me a lot of a powerpoint presentaion???

i like the way the homework page works -- maybe keep the whole site like this page w/ a better menu....

your work is nice and deserves a better/functional site --
keep at it

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2003#102985 Report
Thanks man appreciate it. Your comments will most definitely go into consideration.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2003#102988 Report
not too bad man. I'm not a big fan of popups but, I can't hold that against you.. but I can't find anything bad about it, so good work man
and speaking of widescreen.. damn I went to the apple store I didn't want to leave :( apperantly they couldn't give me a 21inch display for free... I asked..
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2003#103015 Report
For starters i really like the splash. Great colors. One suggestion i have is to make each 3rd of the splash the same size....just for consistency. The middle 3rd would look fine the way it is if the image in it needed more space..but because its the same image as the other 2 it should be the same size (i hope that makes sense lol)

one problem is your splash pops OVER your actually site. It should be the reverse...that the site pops over your splash.

Also being a 56ker.....your site is taking a while. Your "loading" script is a good start....but you really need to use percent loaded so ppl know how big your site really is. Right now its a guessing game for me. Just set the variables "Total Amount" and "Amount loaded" and divide them. that will give you the percent. If you dont understand that....just search the net for "preloader" tutorial. I can also help if you need it...but i dont know what version of flash you have (4..5..mx)

I cant really comment on the site...cause its not loading well for me (56k....grrr).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2003#103020 Report
ok well...im gonna start all over then...with a whole new look.

And speaking of widescreen displays has anyone seen the Apple 23" HD? Oh mama.......
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2003#103055 Report
"ok well...im gonna start all over then...with a whole new look."

Well i cant say whether you need to start all over or not...but the advice i can give ya is this will happen a lot. You start a project..then re-do again and again lol. Dont let this discourage you or anything!!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2003#103069 Report
one thing I hate is the on click tag where I dont know its a link errr
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2003#103105 Report
NO NO Im starting over because thats the first website I have ever built so obviously its not my best work (its my only work).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2003#103351 Report
I can't see your site because you have it set to open a pop-up automatically, which I have chosen to block in Opera with its built-in pop-up blocker. Other people using similar browsers or pop-up blockers will have similar problems. If you made it so I could click on a link to open the pop-up, it would open. But it would still annoy me. No one likes pop-ups. Even if there is a legitimate web site inside of it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum