TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

A developing website

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 28th 2001#727 Report

Hi all
I'm in the process of building a website for the distribution of some of my custom photoshop stuff (free of course)
http://www.homestead.com/ttilia/
I must point out here that all areas of the site are under construction, and there will be nonfunctioning links. etc
I'd like to know what you think and maybe give some some feedback. Constructive, thoughtful imput will be much appreciated.
Another point to note, I am in uncharted waters here, I've never built a page before so I'm bumbling along with this project.
Any thoughts?
Greetings
t_tilia
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 30th 2001#787 Report
my constructive comments would be to try to get your filesize down some. i'm using a dial up and it took some time to bring up the whole page. also try making your homepage more informative about your content and add links to your content that would cut load time considerably. one more thing, having all your custom shapes on one graphic takes too long to load and its also not 800 x 600 friendly. i think your on the right track though. the shapes rock by the way
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 30th 2001#797 Report
Excellent suggestions! This was the kind of response I was looking for. Thanks so much.
Greetings
t_tilia
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 31st 2001#834 Report
Yeah, I have to agree with the above. But still not a bad page =)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 1st 2001#863 Report
i agree with the above as well i like the first part to it when u have to hit the enter link thats kool
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#980 Report
"This site is best viewed at 1280 X 1024, & DSL or faster"

are you trying to scare people away???
you should focus on getting your download times way down and design this so it fits on 800x600.

the colors you use in your splash page are very dark and heavy, they create an ominous almost depressed feeling. i just don't 'get' those 3 large shapes with the text link in the middle.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2001#990 Report
Wow
I felt that slap all the way to the West Coast!!
You're absolutely right about the file sizes and the splash page
One of my problems is that I using a web based site builder, while I learn the HTML for proper page construction. It insert Javascript and has very few option for correcting file sizes and other things.
My first attempts at a website have been humbling to say the least.
Thanks, Charm for your comments
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2001#1000 Report
i am not trying to be mean. just brutally honest (there's not enough of that in the world) thank you for not taking it personally. i'm not trying to attack anyone.

*CHARM*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum