TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

DreamingWell: Part 2

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8273 Report
Howdy

Oky doky, here we go again. A few modifications later. http://future.dreamingwell.com

Since last posted here I've done the following:

1) Added a loading bar, people were complaining it took too long to load, loading bar gives them somthing to watch (makes it seem like it takes less time... and it works!).

2) Made the windows in the background fade. Gives higher contrast to the windows in the foreground .

3) Optimized a bunch of code (loading ane executions)...

If you would, please post here what errors/problems you had with the page, along with the Version of your INTERNET EXPLORER browser (netscape etc compatibility is on its way). The version of your browser does not stop at 5.... Hit, help -> about and it will tell you the FULL version (mine is 5.50.4522..).

thanks in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8282 Report
Very nice, proffessional. Finally someone with a nice page who didn't ise flash. good job.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8292 Report
I got a page could not be found error.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8315 Report
deker you always get "Page Not Found" errors......I think it's time to get a better connection.

I had the same problems as last time. I left the transparency down this time, and it still would not let me close the windows.

Also, I tried to show in the picture that I was trying to click on the "Customize" link, but the window would not close or come to the front.

I really do like the design, it just doesn't work for me.

Using IE 6.00.2462.0000

EDIT:

Oops, forgot the link:
http://mattboyslim.homestead.com/files/DWTest.gif
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8323 Report
Ah, now it works.

That works a whole lot better. The fading helps a lot when multiple windows pop up. It also loaded a lot faster this time and was more consistent. Like Mattboy said, when you reduce the opacity it's still hard to read with the windows stacked up, and still not apparent how to minimize the windows. But other than that, it's pretty cool.

What do you mean I can never see any pages, Mattboy? This is like the first page that didn't work for me. I live like 2000 feet from the DSL hub... what better connection should I have? I don't have the money for a T1 line at the moment.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8344 Report
I see! thank-you for the picture! so basically none of the windows will 'hide'? You are correct in saying that click customize should show/hide the window... should work... I'll get IE 6 tonight and start working on it... thank-you!

glad ya'll like the page... It will be going up in a little while... http://www.dreamingwell.com. Later!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8349 Report
I like it uh'lot, very clean and different with a lot of cool interactive stuff to it. What was it coded in?

I didn't notice any problems i don't think...
IE v. 5.50.4522.1800CO
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8370 Report
Thanks!

Here we go:

Programing Languages:
Java

Scripting Languages:
JavaScript
ASP(Visual Basic)

Scripting Libraries:
DynAPI2

Markup Languages:
HTML
XHTML
DHTML
CSS-1 (in html)
CSS-2 (separate file)
XML (structure files)

Beverages:
Dr Pepper, IBC Cream Soda (*runs to fridge*)...

Graphics:
Lightwave 3D 6.5B
PhotoShop 6.0
Gimp

Oh... hehe... and one other thing... I can now say with pride... (I can only do this because I've been doing this for SOOOOO long)...
Not a single reference or tutorial was used
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8402 Report
/me jaw drops...

I can't even code html from scratch (i know what i'm looking at when i look at the code of a page, but i can't start from scratch)

nice job again and thanks for the info.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2001#8454 Report
Sorry deker, I thought that was you that is always having "Page Not Found" and the little red "X" errors.

One of the more active people on here is on 56k, and is always getting those errors.....and now I can't remember who that is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum