TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My Portfolio (need comments)

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 20th 2003#100487 Report
Hey guys. This is my Portfolio. PLease tell me what you think. I know the pop ups are annoying bu tone of the pop ups is the main page so dont close that one.

http://users.domaindlx.com/Wackydesigner/Portfolio
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2003#100498 Report
you hit the nail on the head with the pop up thing. I closed the main page cause i thought it was a pop up and sat looking at the loading thing for 10 minutes. I dont read things very carefully. Once i saw it i'd have to say its got a very distinct style. I dont really like it but that doesnt mean it looks bad its just not my cup of tea. Nice site
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 21st 2003#100509 Report
The site colors and layout is okay ... but it is to big for my 800x600 screen. I don't like how the main page is a pop up ... I didn't close it, but I didn't know I had to click on it to open that site because my cursor did not change to show it was a link.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2003#100633 Report
Okay - the pop-ups please get rid of them The site i okay, but still not really my taste - and as Adore said you need to make the cursor change to a hand or something, at the mainpage - no way you could tell that was a link. And your thumnail images (i only checked out the digital paintings) are really low quality, you can see the pixels and not much detail - maybe you should take a look at them
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2003#100671 Report
AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

"Were sorry, but x_fusiun_x is unable to comment about this page mainly because he is dead...

Cause of death... POP-UP's."
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2003#100832 Report
Haha...yea the pop-up sucks. Does anyone know of any FREE webhosting sites without any banner or ads? I only need like 5mb.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2003#100838 Report
I would check the resourses section of the forums there is a lot of them in there ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2003#101042 Report
something says "loading", yet nothing ever loads. And, "optimized for wide screen" ????? What is that? We're not at the movies, this is internet. People use monitors. Your design has serious usability issues. You should delete it all, and start over. Plan the design first on paper or something, whatever helps. Have some friends try it out, and see if they can use it. And make everything work. It's a completely terrible design, that cannot be salvaged.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2003#101044 Report
I can't see the site because it's a pop-up, and I have Opera set to block pop-ups. Which means Opera blocks your site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2003#101046 Report
yo, spend $10 a month and get a pop-up free host!

'optimzed for wide screen' - is that supposed to be cute?

it is difficult to navigate. cursor hand does not always appear over clickable areas. your nav buttons are not labeled, so it is hard to get around. you are taking away the brower back button which user rely on to get around, especially if the site is confusing.

you may want to find a more unique font to use as a title (ex: 'digital artwork' title on that page)

the colors are nice.

folks, what do you gain in taking way the users back button, status bar, and address bar? surfers rely on them... they are the language of the web. don't take them away.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum