TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

RAIN CLAN site

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 13th 2003#99686 Report
hey guys, been awhile since i've posted here, but this is my first work in a very long time, actually its my third completed site ever... need some critique, thx in advance.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ruffy/RAIN.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 13th 2003#99688 Report
Navigation could use some work, but I like the layout and design. Probably because it looks a lot like my site, lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99840 Report
cmon guys 31 views, and 1 reply?

thx JAGed for teh reply
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99895 Report
The blue is far too overpowering, it hurt my eyes to concentrate on it, also the fontface used on the blue is blurry, if you have saved it as a jpeg I would try a GIF.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2003#99916 Report
There is also a flaw in the rollovers that i just noticed. When you put your mouse over the first three links the text (Home, Roster, Forums) the text on the button jumps up a bit.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2003#99917 Report
And the blue text with the black outline is difficult to read as thehermit said.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2003#99968 Report
The rollovers look like they are jumping out because of the difference in colors. The backround and text is opposite the original image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2003#99969 Report
Also, it doesnt 'jump up' in the last 2 buttons because most of the button is covered in text
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100304 Report

Don't try to justify yourself, point out why someone is incorrect in their interpretation of your work, or heaven forbid--argue. Try to simply say, "thanks for the input" and let it go. It's up to you in the solitude of your computer to decide what to do with people's advice.

I like the site overall; nice work. One issues that jumped out at me was the kerning is TOO tight on your nav buttons and header text. I think it's okay to use that font if you like, but you need to increase the kerning so I can read it. Here's a little reading--

http://www-class.unl.edu/advt498/readings/spacingoutwithtype.html

Maybe put a slight drop shadow on your inside "body" area where your content lives. Make it stand proud off the page a little to give some depth. Dunno how it'd look, just a thought.

Lastly--I have no idea WHAT game your Clan plays. I found nothing that told me what you guys were about. If the site is only for your clan's personal use, that's fine--but if you intend for other people to search and traffic your site, you should give me some idea of who you are. <<< This advice is being passed on that someone gave me once, don't assume people will know what you're talking about.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 18th 2003#100313 Report
ty malibu for the valuable info.

It's not even an official clan site, i just made a secondary site for personal use and practice, and we play Tom Clancy's Raven Shield
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum