TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Clan site .... Need critique plz

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 7th 2003#98878 Report
Hey I just made this for my cs clan.....the banner is just a temp and the site only looks the way it should around 1204x768 anything higher and i dunno lol..anyways thanks for comments ahead of time

http://www.ts.trunetworks.com/
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2003#99364 Report
i like it, nice organized design... not to flashy... it worked fine for all i know in mozilla 1.4a and ie 6.00.2800 at 1600x1200 res... just gives it a black backgroun dand its centered....

recruit and servers pages need some text padding on the left and the rollovers are a bit buggy, leaving little lines everywhere...not sure why?

thats all for now i guess....
ojc
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2003#99390 Report
thanx for the comment ..at least someone was nice enough to get around to that lil site :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2003#99396 Report
I think the top portion of the layout has a lot of good things going for it. I think maybe the rest of the site, mainly the parts with the content, all the white really makes it look plain. I mean don’t douse the whole site with color but I’m just seeing too much white. Maybe once you put more links in the right column it will look a little better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2003#99397 Report
Header
It bugs me. Here you have a nice even design of solid colors, and then you unbalanced it all by having this header that goes from light to dark. It just kind of ruins the whole design. I understand the need to have something different, but i think your current choice clashses with the rest of your design.

Navigation
Hrm. Instead of black buttons why not try to add in another color there? I dunno what, anything but black since that is the color of your background..... I'm not crazy about the font, but alas..... Iwould suggest having the 2 pixel rollover on the top of the navigation as well.
CONTENT AREA
Perhaps it just me but i always had when people had a scrollbar in the middle of a page. If your going to do that then make the other area gray or something other then white.

Hrm its all around plan. if you can, i would suggest trying to add more colors (then just gray and red) but ah well. Its clean atleast.

Lastest News is't' lined up right, its too close to the edge and it could be lined up with your content like the other headers are. Maybe give the header BG some color.

Examples of what i was talking about here. (crappy edit of your design)
http://www.anti-humanity.com/tp01.gif

(now that i think of it you might want to have 2 pixels on top and 2 pixels on bottom instead of the 4 pixels white on top and 2 pixels white on the bottom...that or 4 and 4 pixels.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 11th 2003#99495 Report
thanx for all the comments everyone i will get around to alll these things! ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2003#101029 Report
You have the page so it scrolls anyway. Why don't you just take out the text scrollbar, and scroll the whole page. It seems like eveeryone thinks those scrollbars are cool, but they're a pain.

You should put a little contrast on the side for your menu items, instead of having it the same color.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum