TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

splash page

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7357 Report
this is a beta splash page for my new website. tell me what you guys think.

http://www.areyourooted.com/Untitled1.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7359 Report
nice, minimalist design, but most people here ( hint hint charm... ) would probably say splash pages are a bad idea. and.. I kind of agree..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7360 Report
I'm definitely a big fan of no splash pages. They are pointless. It's like having a commercial to introduce a commercial. "Hello, you are about to watch a commercial". And it's just another click the user has to make, and another page that has to be downloaded before they actually get anything out of your site. But, as far as splash pages go, it's nice. Is the whole site going to be in a similar style?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7363 Report
Yes, I am pretty sure it will be of the same style. I might not even use a splash page, its just kinda of a preview to get everyones opinion and see what people think before i release the site. I don't want to release a website then everyone saying it sucks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7364 Report
good start man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2001#7380 Report
I like the feel of it. Makes me feel mellow. Must be the light blues.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2001#7413 Report
i think splash pages are a good idea when your site is not content driven. When all you are doing is making a site that displays your work, you can organize it like a book, the splash is its cover....BTW nice design
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7517 Report
Originally posted by MLN
i think splash pages are a good idea when your site is not content driven. When all you are doing is making a site that displays your work, you can organize it like a book, the splash is its cover....BTW nice design

Agee, it's not too big a problem, if people visit your site for eye candy.
Wallpapers are a good substitute

btw. Nice splash
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum