TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Rate this please

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7088 Report
http://cut.iserver.net/septor/
Been using photoshop for at least 2 months
please give me constructive criticism
Thanks a lot
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7093 Report
Well, as interfaces go... it is a good enough idea...
but looking at it something just wasn't right.
I stepped back and looked at that thing..... and wondered "what the heck is wrong with that thing?"
Then I saw it....."Lighting direction".....you have light sources coming from everywhere. Allowing this to happen makes the interface look...ummm, well for lack of better words.. "fake"

On the right side of the interface it even looks like light is coming from the bottom as well as the top.

Pretty good job but you need to get control of your light sources.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7094 Report
Looks nice enough except for the text being all graphics on the front page. I like your signature a lot better than your web site though. The web site looks a little bit too filterized to me. Lots of bevels and shininess. Makes it look cheap. This is probably my favorite piece of art that you had on the site...

Four leaf clover thing

Mainly because it doesn't have any bevel filters, and it's a little more original and simple and not so flashy. I think you would do well to experiment with that sort of thing more. But you'll learn that as you go. I was still using a lot of filters after 2 months of photoshop also. Good work for a beginner though, and it looks like you spend a lot of time trying new things.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7095 Report
thanks a lot dude for the help
that was my first interface
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7106 Report
UNLIKE OTHER PEOPLE.. I'll say something NICE lol

I love the color of your metal man... it stands out nice.. the colros r great....

try droppin the red border on the text box

and its kinda squarish...

good job
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7130 Report
Looks great! Maybe a little more flow but I really like that deep red you use!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7133 Report
i disagree with the color choice.

The red is missing something. I think that it doesnt truly reflect the object if it were represented by a 3d model. The lighting isn't consistent with the color choice.

The redish color doesn't appear to be effected by any light as tornupinside said.

I would also redo the text in the middle, and conider making it html text so that it renders better.

good luck
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 30th 2001#7158 Report
i like the whole concept and the colour of the metal also. only thing mising would be the mouseover onthe buttons to make them light up. But overall I like.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum