TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Rate dis

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 27th 2001#6928 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2001#6930 Report
"dis" is very cool. like the Black only, gives it an industrious feel. Cool font.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#6985 Report
nice look, but, its a little large 41k try to keep your sig pics under 25k please.

Snore (aka sig patrol)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7000 Report
I like it. Black and blurry. May be cool if the text was tinted with a color to stand out. But the black and white look is always cool too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7007 Report
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but is there anyone else who doesn't want this board to degenerate into a "rate me 1 to 10 pls" DBM kinda forum? Anytime I see a "rate this" kind of thread I generally skip them. You want feedback on a design, great, then ask, but someone telling you why they think an image looks unbalanced or not is a whole lot different than "4".

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2001#7011 Report
I agree, Chris. I used to frequent the DBM forum a year or so ago, and stopped for that reason and others. I think we have some good work on this forum, and also some really good critiques. But I have noticed that the critiques are getting shorter and shorter. What used to be a paragraph or two about a design has shortened to a few sentences, then to a few words (I like it!, I don't like it!), and now moving into the numerical realm. "I like it" or "I don't like it" are fine, but give some reasons for your opinion! Numbers and ratings are fine for contests, as a way to easily tabulate the votes to come up with a winner, but they don't really help anyone grow as a designer. I've learned a lot from some of the critiques on this forum, and I know other people have too. I realize a lot of people on here are still in school, so maybe that's why they want a cut and dry 8.5, or 5.6, or A+, or C- on their design. But this isn't school, it's better than school. You can actually get meaningful input on the things you've done. Reasons why someone thinks it could be better, or why it's awesome, not just a rating. Let's keep it that way!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2001#7069 Report
I don't mind black and white images unless they're busy and you can see the contrast between things which I though you pulled off nicely. It looks very busy yet nice to look at. I think I see a few eyes in there and I really like the swirly thing to the right, nice eyevandy (the metaphor not the program). And the small swoosh of blackness makes it easier on my eyes, it takes away from all the confusion. You know I really like your sig...although I knew snore would get cha ;) . Ouch...quite large...and btw I like how in your sigs you can make your name really stand out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum