TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sigs and things...

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6718 Report
Hiya folks, I am new here. I'm a student from Germany (hope that is enough apology for my poor English...) and I have been fooling around with Photoshop now for about 2 years.

I wouldn't consider myself a complete Photoshop newbie - I do know pretty much techniques, I think. But nevertheless I always come across the same problem when making images for websites - the backgrounds of the images. I like all those crazy patterns, lines, circles, blending modes and whatever people use there very much. Unfortunately I cannot really reproduce it. Anybody got a hint where to obtain knowledge about that kind of stuff? Any hints would be appreciated.

Another thing: I threw together this sig here in a couple of minutes. To make one thing clear - it is far away from being finished... just sort of a concept...

If you guys can give me any ideas for improvement of that sig, please do so. Thanks in advance.

//Gizmo
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6720 Report
welcome dude. oh, and what part of Germany are you from?

your sig looks great. it's not my style, but it looks awesome. nice concept.

oh, and i like the beer quote under your sig. had me rollin on the floor, seriously, cause i know how much better german beer is. it'll knock ya on yer arse.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6721 Report
Originally posted by Gizmo

But nevertheless I always come across the same problem when making images for websites - the backgrounds of the images. I like all those crazy patterns, lines, circles, blending modes and whatever people use there very much. Unfortunately I cannot really reproduce it. Anybody got a hint where to obtain knowledge about that kind of stuff? Any hints would be appreciated.

I'm in the exact same position... how DO you guys come up with those backgrounds and such?

// Matt
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6723 Report
That's a pretty broad question... It would help if you posted a specific picture. Then maybe someone could tell you how to do that. But just saying 'How do you do those backgrounds', isn't going to get a lot of specific answers or help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 24th 2001#6724 Report
I've ALWAYS wanted to know how the guy at 2advanced.com did the backgrounds for his flash site. They're incredible

Anybody have any idea on how he did those? Did he even use Photoshop?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2001#6760 Report
gizmo, your sig needs a bit more optimizing, its about 29k, and you should try to get it under 25 k if possible.

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2001#6765 Report
I would say 2advanced.com is a combination of a 3d program, pictures, and photoshop. And lots of different blending modes and blurs and little pixels and stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2001#6769 Report
Hello and welcome to the web's best forums! I speak a little German myself...and by the way your english isnt bad at all. I like your sig, its simple looking, but very nice to look at. Well first off, my concepts and backgrounds and things I come up with is basically stuff I was fooling around with. In fact yesterday I decided I was going to fool around with color dodges and blending options like that, and I found a really cool design. Just play around.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum