TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Another site

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6585 Report
This projected design was passed over by the customer for something else I did. I don't see how I'll ever sell it to anyone else so I thought I would post it here and get a few comments...............or ummm, trashes.....Lol *Charm*....you around? hehe!

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/site_portfolio/Grungypaint/Grungypaintv2.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6588 Report
You seem to design with really bright colors a lot. I think you must wear sunglasses whenever you start photoshop. Also, it's kind of an abrupt change from the swirlies to the green backgroun. I would think that at least a border would be nice, to seperate the two, or blend the swirlies into the background colors. How would the content be displayed if it was more than that little tiny block of space? One of those fancy dHTML scrollers? I don't see how that page could stretch vertically. Why are there graphic links, and then, text links right next to it. I realize that it is normally good practice to put text links in addition to image links, but if you are using a dHTML scroller, then an old browser is going to have a lot harder time with that than the image links. The little popup when you mouseover the Classes button is odd. And the color doesn't really fit in with the rest of it at all. Unless you were planning on doing it later, the text for the actual content is really boring. Stylesheets are good to use to fix that. The heading for the page, "Wick studios" is kind of small, and just looks like another link, not a title.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6590 Report
uhhhmmm, it's green... a bit to green i believe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6594 Report
Yes like Deker said (again...Im starting to sound like your whipping boy) little too bright. I'm not a fan of green either...but it does look nice in contrast with the paint zip zag in the background. The content seems good. Overall my main beef with the image is it's really bright...and I don't like sites that are really light...I like soft/warm colors. All in all purdy good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6621 Report
Colors:
I dunno deker, it must be the printing background the brings me to my color choices. I design print work...have for years. Vivid colors, bright (eye catching) materials do the job in a printed medium.
I guess I just have a bunch still to learn about this visual medium.
I also kick myself for letting the customer pretty much lead me to where I'm going, but in the end they feel like they have helped design it (cuz...well, they have!) and everyone is happy.

Text links:
Was just a demonstration of vlink, alink, and link colors nothing else.

Pop-up:
It was to be used as kind of a "teaser" to let you know where you were going if you clicked. While the color on what you saw was not right I wanted at least one thing up there for everyone to view. Something very similar was used on the version they purchased.

Verticle Stretch:
Well, it wasn't gonna let you resize your window soooo, ;)
it didn't have to. Obah, and everyone will be happy to know, the customer didn't like that. That is really what spurred the redesign and left this version dead in the water

Maybe that will shed some light on "why" I did some things and you won't think I'm totally.....ummm, can I say... nutso!

deker thanks for the info, I learn something everytime you critique anything.

And thanks to NL and Diablo too
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2001#6762 Report
a few things come to mind...

- i don't like the red/yellow/green swirly paint thing, but i do like the swirly shades of green.
- doesn't look like much thought was put into the font selection
- the rollovers are quite boring
- i like the layout. its pretty non-traditional (no nav bar, etc...)
- the 'lets paint' logo is kind of ugly. it could be treated in a more painterly style.

hope this helps
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum