TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

please visit my site and tell me what you think about it's contents and layout

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80164 Report
hi guys, i just made a new layout using photoshop, and i have added some contents to my new site. this is my first time of making a layout or a site, so tell me what you think.
thank you and here is my site URL: just click here
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80175 Report
Lotsa great content...

Although Im not an anime/mange/any of that stuff fan...I actually really enjoyed the sexy anime babes section....hehehe...."By entering, you agree that you are above 13 years of age" Awesome!
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80181 Report
Not sure about the gifs...
That guy that bursts in to flame...
And the head image could have a border around it or something...
Coz the right side looks like it would be cut of some how...
Otherwise it's pretty nice
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80214 Report
Well I gotta say the site itself looks bad already by looking at the splash page. Change the background color to something more appealing, something that would match the image. But the splash pic itself is horrid, there is almost no focal point, if any. The microtext and stock photos in the back contribute to this, and can be done without. The site name is illegible as well.

Now to actually enter the site:

As Censured said, the right side seems to be cut off. Hmm, I should make a list:

Global:
- FONT! How about saying no to the overused pre-1999 Comic Sans for a change?
- Give credit where credit is due, images don't belong to the distributor but to the artist/author(ex. Akira Toriyama).

Main page:
- The Vegeta GIF can obviously done without. If you wanted to spice up each update entry, try playing around with border styles etc. or something.
- The header graphic needs to be redone or edited, because it lacks the name of your site which is probably the point of having the image.
- NAV! Font rule applies here as well.

I could apparently care less about the content (for Dragon Ball Z is quite old considering I already read the whole manga series when I was like 6...) so I'll skip to the Webmaster tips where there's a glaring typographical error.

If you are making a site that contains allot,

- Allot is a verb, which means to parcel out or to distribute in proportions or predetermined amounts.

The word you're looking for here is alot which means a large quantity. And you might also want to add a noun afterwards because you're not stating alot of what. alot of content? alot of food? alot of purple-blues? (Sorry I couldn't help myself.)

And with all that said, I still don't know what your site is called.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 28th 2002#80216 Report
when I write this moochan isn't finished with his comments yet... but i'm sure i will totally agree with him...

that animated gif is really really bad! A big webdesign no-no.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2002#80313 Report
Well i think it looks ok, except for the animated gif thing....

Maybe add a border around the entire thing and center it on the page, i think that would make it look a lot better, and then just add some kind of a name/title to the banner across the top to fill in the black space in the middle...

And i think you need something to divide the content areas up, so that they dont look like they are all one thing...

Other then a few thing here and there i think its a pretty good start...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2002#80338 Report
Moochan perhaps before smugly pulling someone up on their grammar and use of the English language it would be an idea to get it right yourself. If you are going to correct someone then it might be an idea to have full command of the English language. You point me to the dictionary definition for 'alot' - there is'nt one!! It is in fact two words not conjoined as you have stated. (sorry I couldn't help myself):p
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2002#80366 Report
0_o
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 29th 2002#80367 Report
well the sites ok, but it's very good that you have lots of content
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 30th 2002#80454 Report
the animation slows your site alot...maybe you should put a still image, that'll speed thing...as far as your site like stated before, im not into anime but the sites coming out good...BTW the popups are annoying too but what you expect for a free site, right, cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum