TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Warmcold PREview

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6296 Report
Hey everyone, I started a site the other day, and before you look at it, leme explain how it is going to run.

it is going to be flashed, and in the menu system there will be "cool links" and "warm links" if a user clicks on a link under the category of cool links, a box will appear on the "cool side" of the picture, same with warm links warm side ext...

its not quite finished and i wanted to try something thats a little different with navigation, cuz im tired of seeing the same old nav bars and things of that sort, so with that said, here is the link

WARMCOLD layout

the file is a little big but that is because for now i wanted it to be the best quality for show and tell
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6298 Report
Really nice work man. I love orange :D Make sure to post the final product!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6310 Report
VERY cool! Did take a little while to load...but I guess you know that. Overall KICK ASS!! Is that going to be flashed?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6317 Report
u bet its going to be flashed thanks for the nice comments, any one else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6323 Report
Pretty trendy. But it has some unique elements to it as well. I like the hot cold thing. Just make sure people are aware of what's going on, it could get confusing to navigate if not done properly. Also, the "warmcold" and "menu.system" things don't look quite right. I see you are going for the grunge/trashed look, but sans-serif fonts don't work real well for that. It makes it look too clean. Maybe try a grunge font? Or at least a serif font. Or maybe put a mess of color behind the sans-serif text. You could also try using a displacement map on it. It just doesn't look trashed enough. I mean, if that's the look you're going for anyway. If not, then that's cool. Overall I think it's cool though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2001#6336 Report
thanks for the tips! ill try that serif font thing, this is the first time i have ever attempted a layout of this kind, so i am open for suggestions
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2001#6351 Report
I like it. I don't have any suggestions. I just wanted to post at least something. So, I like it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6458 Report
im glad you all like it! any other thoughts, suggestions...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6464 Report
I, too, like the "warm/cold" idea...and the color scheme. (looks like I need a sig to be cool...hmmm"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6561 Report
i don't really find it visually appealing and i can't put my finger on exactly why.

i think its a good idea though and i look forward to seeing the finished product!

(i wish the site looked more like your sig!)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum