TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

experiment in simplicity

Page: 1 2 Reply
Nov 14th 2002#78389 Report
I like it
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2002#78442 Report
yeah, i wasnt sure about the rollovers myself. i thought i would try something new, instead of the boring old rollover.

the reason that only part of the word changes is because i thought it would be more unique and (dare i say) more powerful if only the root or important part of the word highlighted on mouseover.

now that it has been up for a bit and i have had time to stew on it, not to mention the great feedback from you guys, i realized that my intention didnt quite work like i had intended.

anyway, when i get some time ill get around to changing them to something more simple.

thanks again. i appreciate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2002#78630 Report
Clean, simple- looks good.

Ditto on the mouseovers, and the resume.

One thing you might look at if you go to tweak it a bit:
On the main logo 'A', there's still a little bit of the crossmember that was removed, here:

Just something that caught my eye.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2002#78641 Report
Now I feel very petty with this but..... I have just noticed that on your logos the the dot over the two i's in your name are square, it would be more in keeping for them to echo the larger circle. lol small point I know but you asked ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2002#78657 Report
tinysuperbug: good eye! (that is what i get for doing things in a hurry ) thanks for pointing that out.

hermit: another good observation! and your right, i asked! lol

man, im glad i asked you guys. you input has been nothing but professional...again, much appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2002#78677 Report
I would suggest taking the grey bar and the orange box out. They do not seem to add anything to the site... Maybe the rollovers could have orange arrows, though. And the pages could be iframes to cut down a bit on loading time...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 16th 2002#78682 Report
I dissagree.

I think that the grey/orang box add an important design element to the site.

take it out, and you have this.

the two sections are harshly devided, and the dark dividing line pulls the eyes toward itself.

with it, and you have divided sections that still have flow between the elements.

iframes might, in my opinion, complicate simplicity.

But, to each his own.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2002#78689 Report
Hmm... Well, it just does not look right. Can you try making it the same light grey? Or the same dark grey as the line?

Or make it thinner, as suggested by someone earlier...
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2002#78709 Report
tinysuperbug: you hit it on the head. i initially tried the layout without the grey/orange boxes. and it felt as if both sides were floating in their own space. the grey/orange box was an attempt to anchor the 2 "sides" together while at the same time trying to ilustrate that the flow went left to right, hence the arrow.

i also did try initially with a smaller/ thinner grey/orange box but i felt it wasnt "heavy" enough to balance the huge grey box on the right.

vortex: i tried it as the same grey as the box and i didnt care for it. but i didnt try the same grey as the line. ill see how that looks/ thanks for the suggestion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum