TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Boot up problem

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63766 Report
When my computer tries to start up it shows how much memory my computer has, etc. then 5 seconds later, a menu comes up asking for a method to boot up Windows(Normal, Safe mode, Safe mode with Networking, etc.). No matter whcih one I select a new screen with the following at the top appears:
"While intilaizing device VDK:
Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer."

I accidently spilled something on the keyboard but that's the only thing it spilled on and I cleaned it out pretty good:rolleyes: . I use Norton AntiVirus, so it most likely isn't a virus?? I am using a crappy 133mhz 1 gig HD computer to write this if you are wondering. When I tried to type something after I restarted right after I cleaned the keyboard when I pressed O key it would automatically add a ;. Same thing with the L key and / key. Please help! :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63767 Report
I would try getting another keyboard and maybe seeing if the problem stops. The window it is booting to is the 'safe mode' which would be F8. Maybe that button is sticking? What did you spill in it? Something that wasnt water?
Also try going to google and typing in the problem you are having. You can learn something about your computer by figuring out what all that garbage means =)
and remember, 'keyboard not found, hit f4 to escape' may the force be with you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63783 Report
he spilt chocolate milk on it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63785 Report
Lmao! Well not really funny I guess.... Man that blows....

You could give the keyboard a good rinse off, then let it dry ****Completely**** (maybe sit upside down) for at least a day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63796 Report
Using what???

It's definately a keyboard problem....I switched it with my brother's(he's sleeping) and it worked.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63801 Report
get some canned air, dude. - not for huffing though... and blow out the keyboard, maybe just have stuff built up in it, too...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63814 Report
He spilled chocolate milk on it. So probably you have a lot of chocolate millk making everything sticky.

You can clean some electronics with water as long as you don't go and use it the second you are done. Wait a few days to make sure it is completely dry.

Or, you could fork up the money and buy a new keyboard. they are not that much you know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 8th 2002#63836 Report
Screw the canned air idea! It costs the same as a new keyboard anyway, haha. Good thing there's a Circuit City here.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2002#64107 Report
All fixed.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum