TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

General system problems

Page: 1 2 Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56584 Report
I've had problems with ME before, and I just got a new comp with XP installed on it. The problem is, it's not living up to what everyone said to be (the OS). I find that IE and other programs crash more often than it did in 98. Plus that and several hardware/software incompatiblities but that's a different story. Reformatting is probably your best bet, but I'm not sure about XP, unless it's just my XP that does it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56585 Report
Yeah, i might burn everything i need on to disk and then reformat, to fix a few of these problems until i get XP, that is.

What sort of hardware incompatiblities have you had !mo0chan!?
I know when i converted from 95-ME, i had a hell of a time trying to get my mp3 player to work.

I think a bit more reading and researching will do me some good before i buy it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2002#56587 Report
Hm. I agree. ME -get rid of it. Get -XP, I was not to keen on XP at first. Heard a lot of crap 'bout it. But when I got it and got updated drivers to hardware and so on, it worked wonderfully.

If you don' have installation discs and wanna keep your OS get Ghost or PowerQuests Drive Image or something like it in order to be able to make a recovery disc instead of having to reinstall OS and every single program you had before the reinstallation. this kinda proggies makes an image of your HD and you can easily apply that image when a problem occured instead of reinstalling.

This is a useful tool to anyone with backup desires and a comp they are totally satisfied with. To avoid having reinstall every li'l thing in case of a "crasch" of any kind, get something like this in order to make an image that you burn to a coupla cd's and when **it do happen - boot with a start disc, get the imageproggie running and insert the image cd's and voilá...The comp is "reinstalled" the way it was before the "crasch".....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum