TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CD Burner Woes

Page: 1 Reply
May 27th 2002#50314 Report
I have a HP 9100 series CD-Writer Plus. It has been working great since I got it but recently it has been giving me "Buffer Underrun" errors. They only appear when I burn music to a CD-R. Data will burn to a CD-R, and I can burn anything to a CD-RW. Is there a problem with my burner or the CD's I bought. The CD's are Imation 16x 700mb CD-R's. Thanks in advance for any help you may supply.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2002#50896 Report
try burning at 8x and see if you get the same error. or when you're burning, try not to run alot of other programs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2002#51446 Report
It aint your CD's bro cause Imation are good, I have a 24 X 10 X 40 speed burner and i was having probs but it was because of my RES. Try setting your Res to 800 X 600 16 bit when you burn and see if that works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 4th 2002#51449 Report
negative.

It is always possible to get a bad batch of cd's from any manufactuer.

I suggest following moochan's advice first. Try different cdr's and different write speeds. If your issues persist, notify HP. The best way to trouble shoot any problem is to eliminate all possibilities that it is user error.

Make sure you have the latest aspi.
http://aspi.radified.com/
Check that site for more details. It shouldn't really be an issue if you are not running win2k or winxp, but all things are possible. If you can burn to cd-rw's at full speed and cd-r's give you buffer underruns, The disc's may be bad. Pick up a couple discs, just dont spend a fortune. See what happens when you try to burn at full speed.

I used to run into issues like this before and it turned out I hadn't updated my device drivers for win2k. Basically, I was trying to burn faster than my cdrw could handle.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2002#54010 Report
If it's possible to update your drive fireware, do so.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum