TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Huge problem...

Page: 1 Reply
May 19th 2002#48821 Report
ok i decided to reformat my computer cause i was getting some major slowdown and i was getting some norton errors saying that the program had created and illegal operation and must be shut down but when i would click the ok thing i would get a huge blue screen saying "kernal syntek error" or something along those lines....anyways i went to reformat and i put in the startup disk and when the chose with cd rom support or with out i chose without...which i thought was right....then when the command prompt came up i just typed "Format c:" and then it started formating well a few minutes later i would get an error saying "formatting error format terminated" so i tried and tried again finally it worked once and then i went to format my other partishions (not sure one spelling) there was c: d: and e: well i could only format d: and couldnt fine e: so there was that problem.....

Im wondering if i did something wrong...and if so what....
and
is there a way that i can just clear the entire hard drive of partishions and everything someone told me to just get like a huge magenet and slap that on there but i wasnt sure if that was going to work the way i needed to or if it would just hurt everything even more.....

if you can help that would be great..... or if you need to know more just tell me what....t hanks
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2002#48838 Report
anyone?....i really need some help...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2002#48877 Report
Boot from your system CD and initialize the drive from there. I wouldn't mess with magnets .
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2002#58601 Report
I'll try to help. first of all, if u would format the whole hard drive. use the fdisk command. I think u can have this if u create a bootup disk then I think that its there. In fdisk it will also ask how many partition but don;t ask me how. hope I'd help in a way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2002#58623 Report
Oh ya.. do get Partition Magic, and you'll be straight up crazy to slap that magnet on your harddisk.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 14th 2002#58624 Report
What OS are you going to reinstall, because I know that on XP you don't need a startup disk. Instead you boot from the CD-ROM and it contains a wizard to create/remove partitions and format.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2002#58762 Report
well, there are some people that dont use xp yet right? besides using fdisk or partition pro bootup disk if he have will be easier. I dont know I havent tried xp yet.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 15th 2002#58772 Report
magnets... hahahaha.

xp has fdisk or something like it built in, so that's all you'll need.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2002#59113 Report
how big is your hard drive? b/c if its less than 22.4 gigs, then you can use ibm's wipe utility (which fits on a floppy) to do a complete low level format (resets your hard drive to all 0's) it also drops the assignments for bad sectors....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 16th 2002#59157 Report
dont worry... i actually fixed this a long time ago.... sorry to have kept the thread going.... everything worked out.. thanks anyways..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum