TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

friggin error message

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33235 Report
Can some Windows-savvy friend tell me how I can avoid this error

Aside from the obvious "duh, you need to close the app" or "duh, you need to disconnect from the server"

I get this error even the file is LOCAL on my data drive. all apps are closed except the Windows Explorer, i'm not connected to any servers, and even if it's a copy of the original file. I can't rename or move either the original or the copy.

I'm running windows 2000 professional, if that helps. ( i wish it did)

thanks, this error is giving me migraines.

I get it about 1998552.3 times a day.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33277 Report
So you're connected to a server, correct? This happens with me as well at work. We always solve this by resetting the pc that the problem is ocurring on. There might be a different solution, but thats the one we've come up with at my workplace.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33299 Report
That normally means the file is open or being accessed on a computer. If it is in use you cannot modify it. If you are only on one computer make sure it's not open anywhere. If that does not work re-boot. If that does not work, Ctrl Alt Dlt until all programs are closed except systray and explorer. That should do it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2002#33311 Report
thanks all, I'll try that.

this one even stumped our IT guy. He's an . EXPERT (if you don't believe me, just ask him...)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2002#33335 Report
YEah, what Pank said...Yopu may have an application that "looks" to be shutdown... but still appears in the ctr+alt+delete dialog.

ALso... you might want to install the latest service pack on that machine. I remember something on the Adobe forums last year about something similar.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum