TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

The Hole In XP

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 26th 2001#24869 Report
Ok. I will e-mail you back when I receive your e-mail.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2001#24874 Report
It took me awhile, but I finally emailed you. I got a phone call from some desperate @$$ who deleted half of his website while trying to edit it, and I had to recover the whole thing from backup...heehee.....getting paid for people's stupidity is wonderful.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2001#24876 Report
hehe
heard there is a software that can fix the program
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#24962 Report
looking through the hugging, arguing, hehes, peoples stupidity i can only find one thing about fixing it and it doesn't help very much. Oh well, GO APPLE OR MICROSOFT just not Linux (but i do like the penguin)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#24963 Report
I don't know if there is a way to fix it or not. I imagine if there was it would be linked to that news.com article. They always post links to patches of security holes that they mention on there if there are any.

I believe the 'fix' is to disable USB plug and play. So just turn off one of the 'selling points' for XP, and then you won't have your system hacked and trashed...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#24973 Report
there is a patch to fix the problem

Download Microsoft UPnP Patch
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#24980 Report
Microsoft SUCKS!!, you heard that Matt?? :D

Well I'm gonna dual boot my Red Hat 7 next week, cause I'll be doing alot of programming...

Linux bugs can be fixed fast cause there's lots of coders out there willing to contribute.

Anyways.. err, I forgot... Latez
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#25005 Report
I agree I have linux on my system and it rocks
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 28th 2001#25061 Report
Everyone talks about Linux but why bother until I can run all my programs on it ?? What do you use it for. As far as XP, I have the pro and it seems fine to me. Yep there was a bug. They fixed it. Part of Windows life. And I have not run this (XP) long enough but Win2K pro was by far the most stable OS I have ever seen yet. Never ran on a Mac so I can't compare that. I'm not a huge MS fan but I'll run what works best and can run my Software...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 29th 2001#25064 Report
I have never tried to convert someone from the world of windows to the utopia that is linux. I use it for my webservers because it is much more reliable than nt4/win2k server and IIS.

There aren't many holes in the apache/linux combination versus the Windows/IIS combination. Granted, there are bugs. They tend to be worked out by independant developers as well as experienced sysadmins. On the other side of the fence, you have the megalopoly of Microsoft who won't release their source for obvious reasons.

This being the case, there will never be independant developers finding bugs and fixing security holes in MS products. There will be those security companies that find issues with their products and issue alerts on them.

Linux as a desktop...not right now...

Windows as a server platform...never
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum