TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Audio Burning w\ Nero

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 15th 2001#20643 Report
Does Nero burn the actual mp3, or does it convert to wav then burn?

The reason I ask is, I've been burning mp3s, and on my computer they sound crisp and clear, but after burning them to a CD and listening, they almost sound as if they're being played in mono.

I even ripped a track off a disc I burned and listened to it, and it sounded crisp and clear as did before I burned it. Is there something I'm not checking to make it sound better on the CD?

I haven't been able to test it on my home CD player because it's acting up (actually it's because its a JVC disc changer that I've had for about 10-12 years and havent ever cleaned, lol).

Anyway, just curious about this, because I went through a crap load of CD's and now they seem wasted, because the sound quality isn't good.

deker, I know you use Nero, maybe you can help.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2001#20644 Report
I only use Nero for VCDs. I use Easy CD Creator for all the other ones. And on there you choose Audio CD or Data CD. If you burn MP3s on the Data CD, you can play them on the computer and on MP3 capable cd players. If you choose audio cd, it converts the mp3s to Wav first.

So maybe the mp3 decoder on Nero sucks. Try using another utility to conver the mp3s to wav, and then burn it and see if it's any better.

MP3 CDs sound pretty crappy on my DVD player, but regular burned cds with Wav files sound good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 15th 2001#20645 Report
Yeah I can choose Audio or Data prior to burning, but you could be right about the decoder. I tried Audioactive's MP3 to WAV program, but then that sounded like it was being played on a cheap stereo. :\

My buddy got some program a while back when he got his burner, that would burn the mp3 with no conversion. Might have to find out what that was.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2001#20822 Report
CDR-Win does a great job for burning mp3's into an audio track on your cd. I believe it's without conversion. Only bad thing you have to write your cue sheet yourself. It's not as user friendly as winoncd, easycd, nero.

Other possibility ... let winamp converse your mp3z to .wav files and burn those with nero.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 17th 2001#20824 Report
Oh yeah. I didn't even think about Winamp.

That's about as close to the original sound as I've gotten, so I'll just go with that.

Thanks for the idea.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum