TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CRT Lover, now looking at LCD's. Help me!

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 21st 2007#177662 Report
CRT Lover, now looking at LCD's. Help me!

Ok, I've been looking to get a new LCD monitor since places no longer sell crt's (online maybe). So now I'm asking for my fellow 3d/2d artists out there. What's the best? I saw the Gateway 24inch with 1000:1 contrast... it's ok, the matte screen is ok, I'm noticing that screens with gloss help fake better contrast for the screens without it with the same contrast ratio.

Anyone use a Samsung 24inch with the Dynamic calibrated 3000:1 contrast - 1000:1 contrast normal?

I'm looking for replies from people who really wanted the rich color/blacker blacks and got it from an LCD.

I'm looking for a 22 - 24" range.

Thanks,
-Line
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2007#177686 Report
I have a 24" Dell flat panel and it is quite nice. It's as bright as the sun, I don't even keep it on the brightest setting, hurts my eyes. It's not glossy, don't like the glossy glare. It has 5 video inputs so you can use it as a TV too. And it's one of the cheapest you will ever find. I would recommend it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2007#177702 Report
deker said:I have a 24" Dell flat panel and it is quite nice. It's as bright as the sun, I don't even keep it on the brightest setting, hurts my eyes. It's not glossy, don't like the glossy glare. It has 5 video inputs so you can use it as a TV too. And it's one of the cheapest you will ever find. I would recommend it.

My dad uses a 22" Dell flat panel, and I love the thing. I am always trying to get him to hand it over to me, the display is clear as can be and the price wasn't too bad either.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2007#177703 Report
I have the same LCD as Derek and can really recommend it...

In various reviews the screen is tested in conjunction with the Apple Cinema Displays, in most of the tests the colors of the screens are identical. The viewing angle of the screen is phenomenal, and like Derek, I don't have the LCD on the maximum brightness setting.

I've calibrated the screen using a pantone huey, and I think it is a winning combination, especially considering the price.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum