TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Windows Media Player & mute button

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169523 Report
My windows media player keeps launching itself and the mute button turns itself on. I read the other post that suggested Spy-bot and Ad-aware, I've run those scans as well as Trend Micro's free scan and my own antivirus - when that didn't work - I formatted the hard drive. That didn't work either. Can anyone suggest anything else? XP Home Edition SP2
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169524 Report
Update your windows media player? Clean your registry?
Did you try Hijack this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169542 Report
Do you have a ghost in your house?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169762 Report
No, I don't have a ghost - almost wish I did then I could call a priest! ;) Anyway, I've run every scan I can think of and while I managed to get Windows Media Player to stop launching itself, the mute button keeps turning itself on. It will be fine for hours then all of a sudden the sound mutes. :confused: Any other suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169764 Report
Did you check through the preferences to see if there was something in there turned on that shouldn't be? or try uninstalling and reinstalling and then going into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data and seeing if there is information in there about windows media player. If so delete it and then once you reinstall it... it will reset everything back to the factory default for that application.

Hopefully this works out for you. It doesn't sound, at least to me, that it is some devious doing of a hack/virus/spyware... but more of some setting that got either turned on by accident or a glitch that you have come accross during installation or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum