TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Norton Issues

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 25th 2004#164156 Report
My grandfather recently bought a version of the new 2005 Norton Internet Security Suit from Symantec. This came with Norton AntiVirus and the Internet Security Suit and right after he bought he has been having a lot of computer problems. So I cam over to help him to see if I could fix the problems that he was having becuase I consider myself pretty knowledable about computers. Well for some reason or another he has been having a HUGE slow down in the computers performance; lagging when opening simple problems and folders like my documents, computer, etc... Not to mention the major slow down when he tries to open anything norton related like live updates, or virus scanner.

Is it a common thing to have such a drastic slow down in system performance with this new version of Norton, I am not a big fan of it to begin with (I us AVG) so I dont really know much about previous version of the software. So I knew there were some people here that possible may be having some same problem.

I told him to just switch to AVG, but he paid 60+ USD for this software and I hate to see him loose money over the deal. Is everyone else having the same issues?

Another issue that he is having, which i think is norton related, is that the inbox of his outlook express account has for some reason or another been deleted and he only has some very recent emails. There is over 400+ emails that have just vanished. I did a search of the computer for anything ending in *.eml and found nothing other than a few that were in the windows temp directory. Does norton archive emails and rename them something else? Like I said I am not very up to day with what norton does with anything reallly.

Just thought maybe someone here might be able to help.

Thanks guys and happy holidays.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2004#164181 Report
This doesn't really help you or your dad out.
But we started getting some virus problems at my school, so the subject about antivirus programs came up.
So we started talking about which is the best anti virus program.
I still think the best one is Norton.
BUT alot of people told me that they can't use Norton because it slows down their computer as hell.
So they have changed to F-secure...
Well as I said, this didn't really help you out, but yes there is other people having this problem, but no one is really sure how to fix it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum