TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

computer specification suggestions

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163658 Report
I'm getting ready to buy a new computer and i want to make sure it is optimized for photoshop. I'm thinking about a Dell 460 Workstation, but i'm not sure what options to fucus my money on (dual processors, RAM, hardrives, etc.) can anyone give me some guidelines about what direction i should go in, or about the industries thoughts on this matter. are there any good sites that discuss this specifically?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2004#163661 Report
Get tons of RAM. That'll be the most important. Then you could get two hard drives, so you can use one as a scratch disk. Dual processors won't make too much of a difference unless you're rendering gigantic posters or something. I'd just go with tons of RAM and two HD's.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2004#163762 Report
[QUOTE=deker]Get tons of RAM. That'll be the most important. Then you could get two hard drives, so you can use one as a scratch disk. Dual processors won't make too much of a difference unless you're rendering gigantic posters or something. I'd just go with tons of RAM and two HD's.[/QUOTE]

I must agree...

Tons of RAM and 2nd HD

Also if your thinking about getting a dell call them and tell them that you want just the Operating System installed, no pre-installed softwere, Less Junk softwere installed on Local Drive C:/ = better performance

dude you'r getting a dell!!!

good luck...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 26th 2004#164159 Report
let's back up a few steps guys...start with answering this:

1. i have x number of dollars to spend
2. my primary use for this computer is x and then some y

once we know what you're doing and how much you're spending its a whole lot easier to recommend the best options for your needs, rather than a generic "good" computer.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum