TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Monitors and Colors

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157809 Report
Hey,
I've been reading some articles (here's one - http://www.colormatters.com/comput_colorblind.html), and this leads me to a question--does the stuff I make show up like I intended for most users? I've made forum skins before, and people tell me the green I use is way too bright. To me, it seemed fine. I also have a pretty old monitor (Hitachi SuperScane Elite 751, which shows up on the display properties as Hitachi CM751), so that might be it too. Will calibrating the monitor help combat this? I know it's impossible to make graphics where everyone sees the same colors...except maybe in black and white.
What can I do? Do I need a new monitor? I know practically nothing about this, so if someone could help me out, that'd be great.

Thanks,
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 6th 2004#157814 Report
If you run the Adobe gamma program you should correct your monitor a bit better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2004#157859 Report
It's strange, because I can't find that program. When I had Windows98, I remember seeing that program, but ever since I got XP, I can't find it. Now I know it's not because XP, maybe I chose not to install it or something?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2004#157894 Report
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Adobe Gamma. Should be there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2004#157913 Report
I know...and it's not there. I'm on classic view, so none of the icons are hidden. Hmm...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum