TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Problems installing Windows XP

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 23rd 2004#146099 Report
Hi.
I'm ripping my hair out with my new computer.
And I was wondering if you guys have had the same problem at some time?!

Okey the problem is that when I'm installing Windows XP it comes to the blue screen, checking all my settings and stuff but then when it says "starting window",
(It actually isn't starting windows it just goes to the place where you should install it) Then it shuts down the computer and the only way to get it running again is to press the on/off button at the back at the computer.

Well I have been searching the net for people having the same problem and the only solution what I have seen is not to install XP, that I should install ME or something else instead...but I really don't want to do this because I think Xp is the best OS...
And don't start answering this thread with Noooo XP sucks...Me rules.
Well I want XP because imo it's the best.
Well I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever had this kind of problem before?
I think I have checked if everything is at place.

I bought a AMD 3000+ processor and a Asus Motherboard and 512 ram, if this helps anyone.
And I checked the temperature of the computer and it's between 50-60 degrees 'C which is right, so it's not that either.

Well help needed before I go crazy! I neeeeed my computer!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 23rd 2004#146126 Report
Figured it out!
It was the fan for the processor that was the wrong way put in.
When you look at the Bios the computer doesn't work but when I started installing it goes over 60 degrees and shuts down for safty reasons.
So now I have a NEW COMPUTER, finally! :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146186 Report
heh, well done.

Don't you solve these sorts of problems for a living? You must rip your hair an awful lot ;) you don't want to look like paavo do you :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 24th 2004#146190 Report
Yeah this is what I do.
But it's not my own computers so I don't go that crazy.
You can take backups of the computer easily here at work so you can try more radical stuff.
But I can't really do it at home, unless I want to put 270 gigs on CDs :P

And of course I want to look like Paavo...
*wants to become Paavo when I'm old*
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum