TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Switching to MAC from PC. What do u think

Page: 1 Reply
Feb 5th 2004#140906 Report
Hey i bought an applepowerbook G4 1ghz thing
http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index12.html

I get it tomorrow, but the thing is... i have never used an apple before. i have just seen other people use them and seen some and to me it looks so amazing, especially the new features shown to me from Panther.

What do you think are the most important things i need to know about using photoshop in MAC now and not windows?
any major hotkey changes etc?

also, just out of interest i was wondering if you prefer a PC or a MAC for work use.

ciao!!~~~
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2004#140912 Report
Really the only difference as far as Photoshop goes is you use the Command (apple key) key for shortcuts instead of Control. So instead of pressing the key with your pinky you press it with your thumb. But the shortcuts are the same other than that. And everything else is pretty much identical too.

You should also know the abbreviation for the Macintosh is Mac, not MAC.

But once you get familiar with the way the Mac works, Expose', etc. You'll probably like it a whole lot more than working with Windows. I definitely do.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2004#140922 Report
Yeah, don't use "MAC", you'll confuse CCNA geeks.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2004#140956 Report
Also all your colors will be loaded with sweetness...
Mmmmmm. colors........
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 5th 2004#140962 Report
I found out that you can't do the File bar shortcuts (like ALT->I->S for Canvas Size etc) in Photoshop. That was a drastic change in my Photoshop routine, I couldn't find the Mac equivalent so I just had to do it manually by mouse. Other keyboard shortcuts like deselect, select all, eat brains, fill with background layer still work, but with the Command key and such.... and I still miss my right-click. :[
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141077 Report
i've personally always added a 2-button mouse to any mac i've used, simply plugs in and eliminates all the awkward option-clicking. other than that you just have to get used to the idea of NOT having to uninstall things and that putting things in the trash is not necessarily bad

and i've gotten to the point where i prefer to work on a mac now i just need one at home...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 6th 2004#141105 Report
Yeah, same here Fig. First thing I bought was the Logitech MX duo wireless. And I still right click all the time. That is one habbit I'll always have ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 10th 2004#141726 Report
yea ive been using the Mac (;-)) for a few days now and it is so crisp and smooth im very happy. i plugged in my microsoft pc mouse and it works fine with 2 buttons heh.
How sweet is the iCal with iSinc and my mobile phone!!
but back to graphics, why does everything seam to look smoother than on my pc? are there more colours or something? (im no good with the specs etc!)
thanks for replys
sorry for bad english!

Tschuess
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 10th 2004#141728 Report
Well for one thing all of the fonts are anti-aliased, so all the text is a lot smoother. Plus all the drop shadows and little details everywhere else add up to make it look a whole lot smoother.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum