TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

External Hard Drive Question

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137913 Report
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.....so yeah.

I need to buy an external hard drive for my laptop because I am running out of room. Does anyone have any suggestions on a cheap one? (100 dollars or less about) I found one, but I have never heard of it, LaCie 40GB USB 2.0 hard drive #300697U for $99. I can't find any problems with it, but does anyone have any recommendations or know anything about that one?? Any help is great!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137916 Report
I have a Lacie 160gb Firewire drive and it has been great. It was only $200, so you must be looking at the little laptop externals. USB 2.0 is just about as fast as Firewire, so as long as you have USB 2.0 ports on your laptop and not just usb 1.1, that should be a good choice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137940 Report
I don't own any LaCie products, so all I can offer is that, in my extensive travels reading reviews of LaCie's products, is that they are high quality, and are expedient in their customer service activities and policies if you have any problems.

I will say this: Those LaCie Electron Blue CRT monitors are some of the best I've ever sat in front of; most everyone I've ever heard talk about them says the same thing.

They're a good company.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137982 Report
[QUOTE=deker]I have a Lacie 160gb Firewire drive and it has been great. It was only $200, so you must be looking at the little laptop externals. USB 2.0 is just about as fast as Firewire, so as long as you have USB 2.0 ports on your laptop and not just usb 1.1, that should be a good choice.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I have USB 2.0, so it probably would be a good choice....but where can I buy one? I've looked at Fry's, and they don't have any. Did you get yours online?

Thanks so much for your reply.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 15th 2004#137987 Report
I got mine from Apple. You could try www.lacie.com to see if they have a list of their distributors.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum