TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Networking Mac & PC

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122341 Report
I recently as some of you may or maynot know, bought a new DELL laptop... its great, but all of the computers in my Graphic Arts lab only has MAC computers. All of the computers there are on a network all running OS9.x and I was wondering if there was a way I could somehow connect into that network with my laptop(PC) or just directly connect to one of the mac computers via USB or something like that.

I have to make posters and other LARGE items and most do not fit on a floppy drive, which causes a problem because my laptop doesnt have a cd burn... just a DVD drive.

Just wondering if there was a way, if anyone could help me out it would be awesome... or if anyone thinks they can, but needs more info about my laptop or the mac computers... let me know and Ill see what I can find out

Thanks in advance :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122350 Report
I think that is something you have to discuss with the school techs. It's not like you can just plug a pc into a mac and all is cool. You need hardware and or software support to get them to communicate together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122366 Report
Especially since the Macs are running OS9, I'm sure that will be a little more difficult than networking XP and OSX.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122369 Report
I was also thinking because they should have a way set up and most places don't let you alter their network settings unless you are the tech department.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2003#122456 Report
Well this network is seperate from the school... its in its own building, own servers, etc.. and I kindof get the feeling, just from talking to our "tech" guy that I know more about computer hardware/software then he does. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum