TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Nisis Tablet & OSX

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 25th 2003#118972 Report
Hi,
I aquired a nice Nisis G5 USB graphics tablet which I'd really like to use with my Mac.
I've plugged it into the USB port but nothing seems to happen when I use the pen. The disk that was provided only has classic (OS9) installs and the nisis website only has Windows installations. Has anyone else successfully managed to get one of these working with a Mac, or can someone suggest anything I might be missing?

Thanks in advance
Rach
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 25th 2003#118982 Report
Nothing I read said that it was compatible with OSX... It appears they are ignoring it altogether. They have something about Linux drivers on their site, but don't even mention OSX. Bummer.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119732 Report
Just in case anyone comes across these tablets for their macs I managed to get it working to a limited degree.
I found out that they're actually a rebranded tablet called an Aiptek 6000u. I went to their site, but no drivers for OSX still :(
I installed the OS9 drivers and rebooted, and OSX seemed to let me use the tablet like a mouse, which is better than nothing I guess.
Still, there's no pressure sensitivity, or absolute mode.
I emailed the vendors and they simply said that there were no plans to release a driver set for OSX.

If you see one of these for sale second hand, then steer clear, unless you use a PC.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119737 Report
That sucks. Who would make a tablet without Mac support? Pretty dumb move if you ask me. Sorry you got stuck with an incompatible tablet!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2003#119794 Report
You could post on www.bsdforums.org/forums and see if anyone has a 3rd party driver?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2003#119868 Report
Done... thanks for the link
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum