TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

EPS without AppleTalk

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9811 Report
I support a graphics department that have thousands of older embedded EPS files that print fine on their AppleTalk network but not to printers on our IP network. The AppleTalk is going away, any easy fix (other than converting each file individually) to address this issue??
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9821 Report
No offense to the fine folks here, but I'm thinking you'll likely get more efficient help with this question at a place like MacCentral's forum.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9826 Report
Thanks for the reference although I doubt I'll get a warm reception trying to get users on Macs working with Windows 2000. But I'll give it a whirl. Appreciate the thought.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 25th 2001#9921 Report
Let me get this straight....

you have files originally created on a macintosh in EPS format and you are attempting to print them from a Win 2000 machine?

If so I would dare say it is a font issue rather than a networking issue. *Unless* you had a file server serving up fonts for the macs, then it might actually be looking for fonts on the network.

bottom line is Mac and PC fonts don't jive and and you are prolly going to have to edit alot of them individually...*or print courier when it is missing a font* (not an option)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#9976 Report
I saw your post over at MacCentral, and saw that a couple people responded. Go back and offer more info...there are windows users there, along with people like the brilliant and clever Jon Lasruk. Betwen them, they should be able to help you get things sorted out.

It might not hurt to post this at the Adobe forum as well...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2001#9995 Report
Thanks all, this turns out to be an age old issue and not what I had been told. This is the EPS binary vs. ascii over LPR. I think we have a couple solutions. But I appreciate your being kind enough to deal with one tainted by the MS machine....
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum