TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Possible Virus

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117524 Report
On the computer I'm using, Old.... PIII Windows 98, blah blah blah, there's a possible virus but I'm not sure if anyone knows....

After I use the computer for a while, the mouse goes berserk if I just move like 1 inch it will go everywhere and click crazy things and be virtually uncontrollable, I have to use the keyboard to restart the comp it just gets frustrated when I'm in the middle of my works and stuff. I current have Norton Virus (an old version) but it could not detect anything. I'm thinkin it might be a virus off Kazaa.

Just wondering if anyone can help?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117529 Report
i had the same problem i lil while ago.

i changed the mouse and everything was back to normal.

a virus scan might not help but its worth a try. try un-installing your mouse drivers and then re-installing it. see if it works. if this doesn't help try changing the mouse.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117555 Report
Probably just a preferences corruption.

Whaddya call them in Windows? A registry file? Can you ditch tham and have them automatically rebuild like on Macs?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117557 Report
That's a good suggestion hmm... after I upgraded my virus software to Norton Virus 2002 I found like 4 virus on my computer include a win32.LXD and a micro.LXD virus and IRC flood virus, I was really shocked but I havent experienced any mouse frenzy since that, don't know if that was the source of the problem
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117575 Report
Osx doesnt have a registry- its built off BSD. Everything in BSD is a file.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum