TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

computer shutting itself down

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117442 Report
my computer is shutting itself down all the time!

it says nt authority system initiated it. then it says something about a remote procedure call. it's shutting down. i'll be back.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117444 Report
sorry for the short post, my computer was shutting down while i wrote it.

it comes up apparently randomly, saying that nt authority system has initiated it. then it says something about a lost connection to remote procedure call or something.

then it says to save my work, and starts a count-down timer. I have 60 seconds to save my work, then it shuts itself down.

also when i first boot up, it says something about a file called TFTP1396 and a couple of other numbers. and it says it can't open them because it doesn't know what program to open it with.

it's shutting down again....

this time it said something about a generic host process having trouble or something. and asked if i wanted to send an error report thing. then the countdown box came up. and i can't close the countdown box or anything. it's like a system thing.

do i have a virus or something? it's starting to happen ever...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117446 Report
yeah, so it's starting to happen really ****ing frequently now, and it's very irritating. i guess i've had this install for a while, so it must be time to format and reinstall everything.

damn you microsoft! damn you!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117447 Report
Did you install anything recently? Any freeware? Sometimes applications can overwrite dll's or something. What I would do first is go to Microsloths site and update your pc. There could be something that needs a patch and hasnt been updated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117448 Report
i uninstalled some stuff the other day... now it's doing the thing at start up. so i only have 60 seconds to logon and write this...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2003#117449 Report
Do a full virus scan and adaware scan? Just a thought...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117451 Report
you know, I had the exact same thing today!
*hugs*

(ew!)

..I went to the update thing on microsoft's site and downloaded some upda.. REBOOT!!!!

..I went to the update thing on microsoft's site and downloaded some updates, and it started insta.. REBOOT!!!!

..I went to the update thing on microsoft's site and downloaded some updates, and it started installing them, and.. REBOOT!!!!

(stop it, they get the idea!)

so anyway, I got it to install some updates (I let it download the update packages, then I pulled the connection plug lol). That actually did it for me.

Now I scanned for viruses, and I have ALL of my .exe files (seems so, at least) infected with a win32 virus called "parite"... >____<

*is cleaning up* :D

EDIT: http://www.astudios.org/kakka/vittu.gif <-- that's the one, right?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117453 Report
K I did a little searching on this problem. It seems someone is trying to hack you, but foiled in the attempt (another reason to get a firewall Deker.) There is an RPC exploit that has a patch (the reason to check the security updates on Microsofts site, about once a week at least. - takes about 5 minutes, and worth it.)

http://diswww.mit.edu/menelaus/security-fyi/197
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117454 Report
hahaha, holy **** paavo, i don't remember the last time i've laughed so hard... my wife thought i was crazy... but yeah, that's the exact same thing i have... trying to run windows update now....
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2003#117455 Report
windows update won't update... it downloads it and then says it's preparing to install, but i just keeps preparing without actually installing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum