TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Netscape Vs IE

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115923 Report
I know this must be a old topic but I just want to express my hate towards netscape 7.1 Dont know if anyone thinks otherwise.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115925 Report
yuppers, I hate netscape too. IE i like becuase of the way it renders css. And its loads fast. But I also use firebird. I would use opera if it weren't for its dumb advertisment. But yah, I hate netscape 7 and like IE
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115926 Report
Yeah first, they dont support scrollbars, messes up my designs and colors and all the things

Only thing good about netscape 7.1 is pop up control but that hasnt proven useful to me
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115938 Report
Netscape 7.1 doesn't exist anymore. Or it won't be worked on anymore anyways.

There are some very major CSS attributes that IE does not support, and it is the only browser with a completely messed up box model, requiring some annoying hacks to get it to measure boxes correctly.

Netscape doesn't support scrollbars? What are you talking about? Or do you mean colored scrollbars? That is an IE only trick that only works in IE. I normally find it pretty annoying because people change all the colors and make it different from the OS, which makes scrollbars harder to find and identify, if they aren't used correctly. I turned off that "feature" when I still used IE.

But I don't use Netscape either, because it is way too bloated. Takes way to long to load, download, etc.

Firebird is a much better implementation of mozilla.

And does that ad in opera really affect you that much? It's unobtrusive and pretty easy to ignore, in my opinion. Or you could just pay for it. You're going to have to pay $200 for the next version of IE, so opera is a deal!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115946 Report
Yah, IE does have a lot of messed up stuff, but becuase its one of the most used browsers, a lot of sites make sites to look "Right" for it. But it does mess up a lot lately, in a different way. Like, many many pages won't load until i reboot... but that doesn't always happen. As to the sidebars... Sure it may make them harder to find, but still, having one default colour means it can really not go with your layout well.

Either way, I like firebird. Opera seems more finnished and stuff. But the thing about the ad is this: I don't really find it that obtrusive, but it means that the toolbar has to be that thick, and I have a thick taskbar as well on 1024*768 and it makes it so some sites that would usually display without scrollbars, display with scrollbars. Its really a minor thing, but still, thats why I don't like the ad. And I would pay for it, but I just don't got the Ca$h right now. And are you refering to IE only coming with windows in the future? Heh, yah thats dumb. I hate microsoft.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2003#115954 Report
I mean css scrollbar
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum