TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Off Topic OS inquiry

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 27th 2003#115323 Report
Hello,

Please excuse this 'off topic' thread, but I assume each reader in here can contribute to my question.

Mac vs. PC

Article:

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=38445

I am about to purchase a new Dell and have been a PC user for yrs. I hear how 'wonderful' Mac is. The OS interface is visually appealing (visually better than XP IMO) but what is the true rivalry between Mac and PC?

I looking for in-depth opinions on the both in regards to pros and cons.

Most folks blurt out "Mac is better", or "pc is better". I follow with 'Why?". And their answer is bland to say the least (eg. better for graphics, my insturctor told me, just is, etc..)

What is the real difference and which is better?

P.S. user
Fess
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2003#115345 Report
This has been discussed in depth before, and since it nearly always starts flame wars, I'll just give you this link to all of the past discussions, and you can do a little research and come up with your own answer.

http://www.teamphotoshop.com/forum/vbforum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=34360&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I don't mean to be rude by closing your thread, as you seem to be sincere in wondering which is better. But there are other people in this forum that can't have a mature discussion about this topic without resorting to flames and personal insults.

So just do some reading in those other threads I linked to you, and you will pretty much get the run down.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 27th 2003#115349 Report
*re-opened*
Dek is right about some people not having enough maturity at times but I'd rather not close threads for people who really wan't to discuss an issue...

If somebody gets out of hand they will be asked to leave the discussion. End of story.

As I say in the FAQ. Heated discussions are great. I have no problem with that. Don't make it personal and don't take it too far and all will be well ;)

So discuss away if you guys wish. And Dek's link will probably answer most of your questions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum