TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Viewing webpages problem

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113213 Report
This is an absolutely odd question, but its been bothering me for so long I have to ask.

I cannot view certain sites that I should be able to. For instance, anything from Geocities, CNN.com, & ESPN.com.

I know these sites are up because I view them at work. CNN I could not view for the longest time but then all of a sudden it worked. Now it doesn't again. I get either the "We cant find this page" or page does not exist screen. I can search and link straight from google and same thing.

I am using the latest browsers of Explorer and Netscape (No deker, I dont have Opera :D ) I have all plugins I would ever need to view a site. There is nothing complicated about these sites. I can get CNN International to load, just not the CNN.com site.

I have cleaned out my cookies, temp files, temporary internet files all to no avail. My computer is kept immaculate, virus free, constantly upgraded and is a lean, mean fighting machine, yet I have this really odd issue.

I hope I'm not forgeting anything but I'm counting on Marble or Deker to help me out here. If you have any suggestions or more questions about stuff I have forgot, just let me know. I am baffled.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113221 Report
Could be a problem with your ISP. I had a problem once where a client's ISP was caching pages, and not updating their DNS correctly, and after I redesigned the client's site, the client still saw the old site, even though the new one was uploaded to the new server. Other people on that ISP had the same problem, even though it was correct on all other ISPs. But it doesnt' sound like a problem with your computer, unless you are behind a firewall or network or something weird like that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113222 Report
Ok, just to add to the problem;

I don't run a firewall anymore and I am the only computer in the house. I have also recently changed ISP's, from Cable to DSL. Same old problem.

I know I am eliminating nearly every possibility here which makes it all the more odd.

It's not a huge thing either. Its only a couple pages, but they are pages I want to view (isnt that always the way).

No issues with Flash, Java etc... Just a few of these sites. But it is interesting that the two CNN, ESPN, are large major sites.

Would you maybe recomend me making the switch to Opera or something? I know its as easy as downloading it, but I dont want to dodge the problem and not know why.

::Edit::

Yes, CNN would not load with both ISP's although with cable it ended up coming back for awhile. :confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113223 Report
I would download Opera and see if it lets you view the pages. (it's only 3 megs) Just as a way to rule out the problem as being a browser problem.

Did you have the problem with both ISPs?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113236 Report
I downloaded Opera. As with the others, ESPN and CNN wont load.

"Cannot connect to remote server" Says CNN

However, like the other browsers, I can type in http://www.epsn.com/mlb and get the page to load although no such luck with CNN.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum