TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

floppy and hd not firing up

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110818 Report
I just got a new comp and for some reason I can't get my hd or floppy drive to power up. The graphics card and mb both turn on. My stats are

asus p4c800 deluxe
pwer sp 431w p4 eg465p-ve
cpu p4 2.4ghz 478p
ddr 512mb 32mx8 pc-32000c2
hd 80gb 7200rpm 8mb
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2003#110833 Report
Did you build this yourslef? If so, check in BIOS (restart and hit 'del' key while booting.) and look to see that your computer sees those drives. If it's set to auto detect, then you should see the drive serial names, and floppy will probably be just 'legacy floppy'. Also check the boot order and make sure your HD is first, unless you are fresh installing, then make the install drive the first one.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110902 Report
I cant even get to my bios. The hd and floppy just dont turn on.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110905 Report
You dont need a HD to get to BIOS. All you need is a BIOS chip, which you have if you have a computer.

**** edit....

Basically BIOS is the Basic Input/Output (System?) that controls real low level hardware so that you can at least get a command prompt and use a keyboard and monitor. But what you need to do is check in Bios whether or not it sees that you have a hard drive. Floppy isnt a big deal, unless you are using an OS that requires a boot floppy -win98, 95, nt, or some of the unix/linux os. or older win2k which had 4 boot floppies.

So start your machine, hit delete immediately several times until you boot into BIOS. Then from there check to see what computer hardware is recognized. Do you have another computer? What I mean is if you are able to connect do you have IRC? I can get on the TeamPS channel and chat with you if you want help.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110909 Report
I can't even get the monator up. All it does is flash it's little green light.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 29th 2003#110910 Report
Can you get on IRC?

When in that situation, If I were there it would be easier - obviously, but to start off I would probably take the computer apart, remove anything that wasnt necessary - Lan cards, sounds cards, etc. Just make sure the Video card was installed.

Now I would double check that the Ram was indeed seated properly, if your ram isnt seated all the way you have a totally dead machine.

I would double check that all the power cables were installed correctly.

Check to make sure all the IDE cables were attached. Make sure the HD was set to Master. Then try again.

If you bought the computer from a shop they should have assembled it, if you ordered it then no chance. But the least they should have done was seat the ram and cpu and tested it before it leaves the door. Common courtesy, esp when you fork out like a grand for a pc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum