TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

monitor help

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 8th 2003#94387 Report
I don't exactly know where to post this, but here's my problem:

I made a site in photoshop and uploaded it on the web. When I look at the site on the web on my monitor, the site looks terrific on my monitor, meaning the shades of colors look exactly the way I had intended; however, when I view the website from any other monitor the colors are terrible. The other monitors show a different shade of the color i was going for: for example, when designing my site, I thought the central color in my header was a navy blue fitting my color scheme very nicely, but when I see the site on other monitors, the blue is about two shades lighter...

The problem is that each color on my site is about two or three shades lighter skewing the delicateness of the color scheme i originally had intended for.

Anyone know how i can adjust my monitor to make sure what I see on the screen is exactly the color that it should be?

I have fairly new monitor sis 630/730 monitor with 32-bit true colors.
Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2003#94396 Report
Some of the older monitors (especially the ones with the "round" screens) might have old tubes and worser colors.

So, as long as the the people who view your site have decent monitors you should be fine.

Was it only that particular monitor that had the faint colors? Or is it more than one?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2003#94408 Report
well i've only tested the monitors at my school... so i don't know

*edit*

but I have a friend who's fairly update with hardware and he says that the website on his personal computer looks just like the ones at school, so I assume it's my personal monitor that's having these problems
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 8th 2003#94423 Report
your gamma may be different on your monitor than all the others. I suggest runnin adobe gamma and seeing if your personal monitor settings are making the colors look darker than they are or brighter or what have you
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2003#95635 Report
hmm, I tried running adobe gamma and that really didn't help the problem. Is there a program I can download that perhaps can change the red, blue, and green colors on my monitor?
I don't think my monitor will let me do this manually. I have a CTX color monitor.

*edit* I posted earlier and I've learned that the SIS were simply my graphics card drivers.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 16th 2003#95638 Report
ok I found the blue, red, and green primates settings and I think that's where my problem rests. How can I tell which settings are the correct settings, meaning how much blue, red, and green should I add to get my monitor colors normal?

Anybody have any specific numbers that constitute as normal coloring, or better yet, what are some of the numbers are you all's monitors set to you?

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2003#99220 Report
or you could just print it out and look at it, but that would be inconveinent
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum