TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

monitor shopping...

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 23rd 2003#92226 Report
::Anyone with a Trinitron monitor look away:: :D

Ok, I can only say this for the Trinitron monitors from a few years back but... I really wanted one, then my buddy pointed out something that really would have drove me insane. Running across the screen is 1 (maybe two) faint little lines about a third of the way down the screen and the second, if I remember correctly, is again, 2 thirds down the screen. Unless you know its there, its not a big deal, but that day you discover it, it may drive you nuts. But then again, they may have fixed this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2003#92266 Report
My monitor has those lines. They are tiny little wires that are in there for some reason. normally i never notice them, but sometimes when i am trying to make a one pixel gray line in photoshop or something, it can be mistaken for a real pixel. yup.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2003#92291 Report
Those are from the Trinitron shadow mask. *edit - Now I remember what those are for. Trinitron uses a patented masking that is triangle (or diamond?) shaped (rather than round), thus the physical spacing between the holes is thinner and weaker, but the picture is better. So they have these tiny wires that run across the monitor to support the shadow mask so it wont tear.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2003#92887 Report
i'm a huge fan of mitsubishi monitors, even more than the sony's actually. i've got a diamond plus 91 19" (slightly older model) and its gorgeous, love the thing. i believe the diamond pro 930SB is the equivalent current model.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum