TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Win 98 -> Win 95

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6573 Report
Is it not possible to transfer files from a Win 98 machine to a 95 machine?

I'm trying to fix my mom's laptop, because Windows won't recognize the CD-ROM. The machine itself does, but Windows wont detect it.

I downloaded the drivers off Gateways site straight to a floppy disk. When I put the floppy in the laptop, it showed nothing on the disk. I put it back in my machine, and the file showed.

So I went back to the laptop, copied a file on to the disk, and it showed. Put the disk in my 98 machine, and the file wouldnt show.

I dont have a printer port on my machine, or I could probably do a direct connect. And I don't have any serial cables, so this is pretty much my only option.

I'm wanting to put 98 on for her, but can't do it without the CDROM.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6575 Report
Fat 32 vs. Fat 16

:( sorry.....

But, Norton ghost will fix that, you make a disk image with ghost....upgrade to fat 32 and reinstall from the Ghost disk image and it fixes it. I did it on a machine at work....if you are up grading hardrives on an old 95 machine this is VERY handy .. you don't have to make 1.9 gig chunks anymore.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6579 Report
Crap. Didnt even think about that. Haven't dealt with 95 in a loooong time.

I have no laptop experience. Windows has detected the CD-ROM before, and it's done this before. Sometimes it will recognize it, sometimes it won't.

And the CD-ROM does work. It bugs me. :mad:

I've been wanting to upgrade this thing for her forever, and she just not got around to backing her stuff up. Finally get it, and can't do anything with it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a Gateway Solo (Original) if anyone has any clues. I've always hated Gateways, and this doesn't help my feelings about them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum